Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,170   Online: 744

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Rolleiflex 6006 - opinions please.

Came across a minty condition 6006 recently. It only has the 80mm with it, along with 2 batteries.

I have a Bronica SQ-Ai with an 80 and a 50, along with a few backs and an eyelevel finder. I guess my situation is I have more options with the Bronica but am interested in the quality of the Rolleiflex.

What are your feelings on this camera? I am interested in the plusses but more so in the minuses in the interests of making an informed decision.

As always, many thanks
    Cc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have used the Rollei 6006 and found it to be a very nice camera, the metering system is very accurate and do love the Zeiss lenses. There are 2 models for the 6006, 1 and 2. Two is the latest. See this article on the 6008 by Philip Greenspun. If I had the cash I would get the 6008i and my lenses of choice.

http://photo.net/equipment/rollei/6008

Good luck.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh, I failed to mention; I use Bronicas SQAi 6x6 and ETRSi 645.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's a gorgeous camera and no doubt the lenses would amaze and create wonder.

I just can't imagine ever finding accessories or a wide angle for it without dropping trousers and grabbing my ankles.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Corneau View Post
    I just can't imagine ever finding accessories or a wide angle for it without dropping trousers and grabbing my ankles.
    Yeah - but sometimes you just have to suffer for your art...

(Sorry - in a very flippant mood this AM!!)

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A friend of mine has a 6006 and it has given him nothing but troubles with the electronics. Not sure if it is a fluke, but I thought it is worth mentioning.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yeah, I was wondering about the electronics. It's a great camera, optical quality certainly superior...but if something quacks up? Hmm...

As for suffering, let me show you my Visa bill sometime....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a couple of 6008's and I'm happy with them but they do have their downsides.

- Everything is electronic and they are completely intolerant to getting wet. Even getting a little wet they will simply stop working.
    - Lens have electronic aperture and if the blades have any oil on them they won't properly stop down in the cold. I live in MN so I use them in very cold conditions.
    - Batteries are stupidly expensive. I've gone to purchasing cells off the internet and rebuilding the packs myself.
    - The lenses are great but are certainly more expensive then their Hasselblad equivalents.

I really do like the cameras but I think if I had to do it over I'd just do a blad that doesn't require batteries.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi Everyone,

I have a 6008i and absolutely love it, image quality and metering is insane. I almost did not purchase one after reading about the electronics and Battery problems. I have had mine for just about a year and have actually used it in mist and snow without any trouble - perhaps i was just lucky ? I have used it on 2 aerial photography flights that were less than smooth and had no trouble. Thought about the Blad like deisenlord but am glad i chose the rollei - blad has its own issues too dont forget! Ebay is full of good buys for every thing you can imagine in the rollei 6000 system

Shooter
    Large Format
    I use a 6001. Incredible camera with incredible optics. It just works and works and works!
    And no dark slides to fumble with...

Per Volquartz

http://www.pervolquartz.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin