Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,910   Posts: 1,630,657   Online: 1041

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries

Mamiya Floating element explanation?

I got a really good deal on a 65mm M-LA lens for my RZ67.....No manual of course.

Would it be possible for someone to explain how to properly adjust the floating element? I'm assuming you set it according to your distance and f-stop as if setting the hyperfocal distance on a Nikon, but I'm not sure. Thanks!
    Last edited by Tom Nutter; 04-20-2009 at 10:24 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    It works as a function of distance to the subject. Match the lens scale to the distance scale. Hyper focal distance is set by the bellows draw (or distance) scale - where both settings originate. Most of the time I just leave it set on infinity unless I'm being real critical about flat field focusing. It doesn't focus the lens per say, but gives you more accurate focus in the corners of your image when focusing close. Welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by panastasia; 04-20-2009 at 11:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tom, if you want it this site will have a (free) pdf of the lens manual, and manuals for most of the rest of the RB system, and tons of other interesting old cameras.

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/
    Ed

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin