Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,858   Online: 769

Shooter
    Large Format

Problem with Bronica ETRS AE-II Metering Prism

Hi -- I'm having a problem with my Bronica ETRS with AE-II metering prism. In Manual or Off mode, the shutter speeds I set are right on when I fire the shutter. But in Automatic mode, the speeds being returned by the meter are not being transmitted to the shutter properly. In other words, the AE-ii will give me a reading of 1/2 second, but when I fire it the shutter will take 1 or 2 seconds to fire. All the speeds are slower than the AE-ii is reporting. I have tried this on both of my lenses and the problem is the same. I tried a new battery, and wiped the contacts between the finder and the body. Is there something fundamental I am not doing? Or has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you saying it takes 1 to 2 seconds to close the shutter? Or that it takes 1 to 2 seconds for the shutter to fire?

All I can think of is the exposure is some how changing. Handheld camera moving a bit?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena View Post
    Are you saying it takes 1 to 2 seconds to close the shutter? Or that it takes 1 to 2 seconds for the shutter to fire?

All I can think of is the exposure is some how changing. Handheld camera moving a bit?
    It takes longer for the shutter to close than is being displayed within the AE-II. I'll fire the shutter while the display says 1/4 second, for example, and it takes 1/2 or 1 second for the shutter to close. I've tried it on a tripod, so I know it's not the exposure changing. Once again, the shutter times are fine when in manual mode.

Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And how do the negatives look?
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    And how do the negatives look?
    They're one or two stops overexposed. This started happening recently, and I only ran one roll of film through before I noticed it happening. It was working fine before.

Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    i have the same problem!!!!!!!!!

have you solved it already?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello Uray

Get yourself along to Bronica Manuals site click onto Bronica ETR AE-II Finder E there you can download a PDF of the manual. What you have on the film speed dial is also exposure compensation, the little silver button on the dial itself can be pushed in and it should be turned so it is on 1x, that should solve your problem. Its on page 12 under Exposure Compensation in the manual.

Hope this helps, the site is great for Bronica Manuals.

David

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin