Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,806   Online: 678

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 40mm Distagons

Shooter
    35mm
    I've a 40mm Nikkor on my S2a right here beside me. Wouldn't trade!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The 40 mm CF Distagon is a good lens, but as any wide angle a bit less in the corners and near the edges.
    Still good though.

But whether it will cover 6x7 ... ?

The 50 mm Distagons are not too bad either. Not as good as longer focal length lenses, but still o.k.
    But if a 50 mm, let it be the FLE version, either with or without shutter. And the CF/CFi FLE is better than the F/FE lens. Lighter too (i find that an issue with the f/2.8). So the CF/CFi would be the better choice.

Again, i don't know whether they will cover 6x7.

I do agree with other answers though: why not use the Pentax lens?

RJS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just to muddy the water a bit more: I have it on good authority that the very large 40 for the Hasselblad is a bit turkeyish; lots of flare and stuff, and not terribly sharp., The newer one, much smaller seems good. I saw one sold for somewhere close to $4000 an Ebay. I am old and stupid but not crazy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RJS View Post
    Just to muddy the water a bit more: I have it on good authority that the very large 40 for the Hasselblad is a bit turkeyish; lots of flare and stuff, and not terribly sharp., The newer one, much smaller seems good. I saw one sold for somewhere close to $4000 an Ebay. I am old and stupid but not crazy.
    I have a 40mm Distagon for the Rollei SLX/600x series, which is reputed to be the same optics. It's PLENTY sharp, although it is quite sensitive to flare.
    I spent around ~$900-950 for mine via ebay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin