Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,365   Online: 812

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Efke Aura cannot under any circumstances be loaded in anything less than a dark room
    This is the only film I have not checked out. Maybe you have to load in total darkness.

Efke IR820, Rollei IR820/400, SFX and SuperPan 200 you can load in subdue light and for development in a standard developing tank. I am using the Jobo 15XX system.

The 35mm versions of Efke IR820 and Rollei IR820/400 are most sensitive for the "light piping" effect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leicam5 View Post
    I was taught that loading IR film (120) in a changing bag is not that good due to the warming up by the hands (and arms) in the little, closed and insulated space.

Philippe
    Wait, how would warmth from the hands affect the film?
    David

A Holga is an ugly woman, a Brownie is a delicious treat.

dromanophoto.blogspot.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Because radiated warmth = IR radiation.
    Rather longer focal length, i gather, than what the film would be sensitive too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leicam5 View Post
    I was taught that loading IR film (120) in a changing bag is not that good due to the warming up by the hands (and arms) in the little, closed and insulated space.

Philippe
    The old changing bag I've got specifically says not IR safe on it. So I guess it's out, too, huh?
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Because radiated warmth = IR radiation.
    Rather longer focal length, i gather, than what the film would be sensitive too.
    The human body radiates in the 10 to 15 micron [10,000 to 15,000 nanometers] wave length. HIE is sensitive up to 0.8 micron [800 nanometers] range while the remaining available IR films go up to the 0.72 micron [720 nanometers] range. This should not be a problem if you load the film quickly.

Now if you were in the Sun, in the desert and spent hours loading one roll of film into the camera, then you might have a problem.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Rather longer focal length
    Stupid mistake. Wave length of course.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have not had problems loading 120 Maco IR 820 in a darkened room or in subdued light (indoors). I have not mastered loading my Hasselblad backs in total darkness (nor have I tried).

The majority of my IR film usage (aside from HIE and EIR) has been in sheet film sizes (4x5 & 8x10) so I have to use a changing tent. The Harrison tents (and they do make smaller versions) have been fine for loading/unloading IR film in. I have not taken it into the field however, so don't know how well they work outdoors.

This thread reminds me that I have some Maco IR loaded in a couple of MF cameras. I should go and shoot it this weekend.
    Diane

Halak 41

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin