Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,777   Online: 1199

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I sold my 80 and bought a 60.
    On trips I found out that the 80 was often to long for me when i stood at the back of the wall.

With the 60 I force myself to crop the scene to the most important part.
    besides that i use the 120 macro and the 250 and have a vivitar 2x converter which does a pretty good job on the 250 i found out. I did not expect this quality from it. They are a bargain around 100 dollar.

But it's just what you are going to do with it....
    For landscape (wide) I use my 4x5, not the hassy.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes, you will need a different lens hood for the 50 - it's almost not worth the bother, it's so shallow. I had a CF 50, no FLE, and I got amazing results out of it. I traded all of my hassy stuff in for a 5x12 Canham since I wasn't using my medium format very much. If I recall correctly, the 50 C takes some other size filter, not a b50 or b60, but the 50 CF takes the same b60 filter that the 80 does. I know the 40 C and CF lenses take some humongous 93mm filter or something.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wow - the 40mm must really be a monster.

Anyone know of an online resource with info on the hasselblad system? Seems there should be something out there - every other system has one, and Hassys seem to be collectible in some form.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Yes, you will need a different lens hood for the 50 - it's almost not worth the bother, it's so shallow. I had a CF 50, no FLE, and I got amazing results out of it. I traded all of my hassy stuff in for a 5x12 Canham since I wasn't using my medium format very much. If I recall correctly, the 50 C takes some other size filter, not a b50 or b60, but the 50 CF takes the same b60 filter that the 80 does. I know the 40 C and CF lenses take some humongous 93mm filter or something.
    The non-CF's use a Series 8 drop in or a 67mm screw-in filter.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes, you will need a different lens hood for the 50 - it's almost not worth the bother, it's so shallow.
    That is because it is made for the 38 mm lens too.
    You can make a better one by trimming down a hood made for the 80 mm.
    With chinese made copies easily available for little money these days, a thing you really should do if you call a bayonet 60 50 mm or 60 mm lens your own.

The one for the CFi version (bayonet 70) is better.

If I recall correctly, the 50 C takes some other size filter, not a b50 or b60, but the 50 CF takes the same b60 filter that the 80 does. I know the 40 C and CF lenses take some humongous 93mm filter or something.
    The C version takes Series 63 drop in filters, held in place by a screw mount retaining ring.

The 40 C version takes 104 mm filters. Hard to find.

The CF version has a two part lens hood, which takes Series 93 drop in filters (no screw mount) held in place between the two halves of the hood.
    Or a 93 mm threaded filter, replacing the front half of the lens hood.

The CF version of the 40 mm, despite its front diameter, isn't a big lens at all. Very handy, easy to use.
    The f/2.8 50 mm F lens, which has the same filter mount, on the other hand is a really big lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    The non-CF's use a Series 8 drop in or a 67mm screw-in filter.
    Mind you, the thread isn't exactly the same as that of 67 mm filters. So only a partial fit my be achieved when using 67 mm filters.
    And you run the risk of damaging the thread mount on the lens.
    But it works.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    67mm filters have always fit just fine on my 50mm C lens without damage or misthread. I believe they are the same thread as series 8.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They are not quite the same, no.
    The difference is small though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Although a bit outdated, here is a guide to Hassy lenses

http://www.antiquecameras.net/hasselbladclenses.html

Dan
    Antique and Classic Camera BLOG
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by luvcameras View Post
    Although a bit outdated, here is a guide to Hassy lenses

http://www.antiquecameras.net/hasselbladclenses.html
    Dan,

If you would allow me a suggestion:

If you reverse the order of CFE and CFi lenses, you would then only need to indicate that CFE lenses basically are CFi lenses with as an extra the Databus.

In the present order, it might not be quite clear that the "i"mprovements described under CFi also apply to the CFE lenses mentioned before the CFi lenses.

Datasheets of (almost) all Zeiss/Hasselblad lenses can be found here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin