Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,543   Posts: 1,598,951   Online: 959

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

New Zealand - report

Hello all.

Please - let me first apologize for not answering your very nice and helpful posts HERE - but after I got no reply in two weeks I thought I simply did not manage to "target the audience" and was also quite busy with preparations.

But now we are (some time already) back - all films were developed & scanned and slowly some results emerge.

If you would like to read a bit about the trip from the technical/photographic point of view, please have a look to my thread at LFF forum (I hope you do not mind)

I would be more than happy to answer your questions.

So - here are a few images, I will post more once they are "ready". You will find MORE HERE

Your comments and critique is most welcome

Rolleiflex T loaded with Provia 100F (with some PS work):

Nugget point

Close to lake Wanaka

Wanaka lake

Hokitika

West Coast

West Coast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These are brilliant.. this makes me itchy to do landscaping with my 'flex. Do you happen to use any filters on your TLR like polariser and such?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like you enjoyed yourself. I hope you have recovered from the sandfly assault!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Some very striking photography. Thought I saw Frodo in one shot. ;p. Good work
    Thank you.
    -CW

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Looks like you got to the top of Mt Tom at Lake Wanaka (it has been 20+ years ago for me, I think it is Mt Tom). Good to see some of your images!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for the posting.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all for kind words.

- P C Headland -
    Yes - the sand flies were tough - but I got the repel 100 - so at the end I guess I was more threatened by it than the flies. ANyhow the worst bits we got during the 2 day kayaking trip when it was not always possible to us the repellent. The worst bites were acquired during changing the cloths in the campsite in the Doubtful Sound ...

- chioque -
    Actually I do use some filters from time to time. I had along only polarizer and ND8 (3 stops) filters (both in size 49mm with a bay I adapter) as I was only photographing on Provia 400x and Provia 100F, but I used them both only a few times.

I actually used both of the together to get a cca 5 stops longer exposure times. But I will get probably darker ND filter to be able to go even longer (few minutes)

- Vaughn -
    I think it was Mt Roy track, but I would have to check with my diary

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Mt Roy it is...Mt Tom did not sound right. I tried to ride my bicycle up the track...I did not get far as the track was pretty steep and rough back then (and probably just as well -- I would have killed myself trying to ride back down!). I have a nice B&W 4x5 image from the top -- somewhat similar to yours. But I have never shown it -- the light reflecting off some areas of the lake looks too much like a massive dust spot problem.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    - vaughn -

yes - that track is NOT suitable for a bike. Very steep all way long and you could easily slide on a sheep ... remnant

If you mean the white spots on the lake - those are motor boats. In the full size scan I can see that the girl driving the upper boat had blond hair

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I meant my photograph, not yours -- I like the two motorcraft circling in yours. In mine, the wind came up and the sun was reflecting off the waves on the lake. I'll try to find the 16x20 print I made of it...or scan the 4x5 neg and I'll post it on here just for fun.

I looked on line to confirm the name of the mountain and what I found indicates that bikes are not even allowed on the track now.

Vaughn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin