Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,558   Online: 769

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bronica RF645 and a broken rangefinder

Hi,

Thus far I am very happy with my Bronica RF645, until recently when the vertical and horizontal view in the small range-finder window started to misalign.

Although still focusing correctly, judging from my prints, it was annoying, so I took it to my local repair guy, he discovered somebody before I had the camera (bought it from KEH 5 years ago, it was in mint condition) had maltreated the little screws for horizontal and vertical alignment, and had damaged the plate were the small mirrors are on. (I still do not understand why I could work with the camera for so many years without problems, I did notice the misalignment a few years ago, but it was very slight).

Unfortunately parts for Bronica RF cameras are not available anymore here in the Netherlands.

So I am actually looking for somebody, or addresses perhaps, were parts could be obtained (sending the camera back and forth to the USA is costly)

Or perhaps there is somebody with a malfunctioning/broken/beyond repair BronicaRF645 from which he/she is willing to part?

thank you in advance,

Cor

PS my repair guy tried to fix it, but at first instance he was not successful, he gonna give it another try to get it working again, but the new part is preferred obviously.

Second PS,

How "successfull" can one use a rangefinder (or any other camera) by only using the distance scale on the lens (taking the hyperfocal distance in account)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Cor,

Have you tried Tamron in Germany for service and or parts? (www.tamron.de)

Hi Cor,

I have had my Bronica RF645 serviced by Intro 2020 in the UK. They aligned a 135mm lens with the body a few years ago. Fast and efficient service.

Steve

Cor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TimVermont View Post
    Hi Cor,

Have you tried Tamron in Germany for service and or parts? (www.tamron.de)

Thanks for the tip, Tim

i have send them a mail, although I see no mentioning of Bronica (I also have send Tamron USA a mail)

Best,

Cor

Cor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by schambuk View Post
    Hi Cor,

I have had my Bronica RF645 serviced by Intro 2020 in the UK. They aligned a 135mm lens with the body a few years ago. Fast and efficient service.

Steve
    Thanks too, Steve!

I'll contact them,

Best,

Cor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the scale on my 645 more than i do the VF. Set to AP then scale and shot. I do shoot mostly landscapes. But it is nice to know there is all ways the VF for those moments when in, not to sure.

Cor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham.b View Post
    I use the scale on my 645 more than i do the VF. Set to AP then scale and shot. I do shoot mostly landscapes. But it is nice to know there is all ways the VF for those moments when in, not to sure.
    Graham,

If I understand you correctly: you put the camera on "A" (aperture priority), and say on F11, put the lens on say the hyperfocal distance ( the right mark of the distance scale between the pair of depth-of-field lines corresponding to the f-number set on the aperture ring) on infinity.

Check the shutter speed and shoot?

Best,

Cor

Cor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

..follow up..

Ok,

here is what happened thus far: Tamron Germany pointed me to Intro 2020, Tamron USA did not reply (yet..)

Here is the answer from Intro 2020:

Dear Mr. Breukel,

Please be advised that the cost of the finder £344.43P Plus £25.00 packing and postage via Euro48 plus £55.42p VAT making a grand total of £424.84p

..have add that I inquired about obtaining parts for my local repairer, they answered that they would sell only a complete finder..

No way I gonna pay that money, sending the camera in might be less expensive in the end than, but still costly.

Anybody out there with a defunct Bronica RF645..;-)..

Best,

Cor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    Graham,

If I understand you correctly: you put the camera on "A" (aperture priority), and say on F11, put the lens on say the hyperfocal distance ( the right mark of the distance scale between the pair of depth-of-field lines corresponding to the f-number set on the aperture ring) on infinity.

Best,

Cor

This correct, except i shoot in manual all the time, but same way yes.

Graham

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    Graham,

Best,

Cor
    Cor, the easiest way to focus using the scales is to focus on the closest item you want sharp, then note the distance on the scale. Then focus on the farthest item you would like sharp, in a landscape this will usually be infinity, if so won't need to focus on the far subject because you already know it's the infinity mark. Then look at your scale and put the focus mark halfway between these two points.

I'm looking at my RF645 with the 65mm on it right now. Say you want everything from 10ft to infinity in focus. Centering between 10ft and the infinity mark falls almost perfectly at about f/16, and the lens is actually focused at about 20ft or so. But now you need to stop down an extra stop for insurance from what the lens tells you. Most lens scales are highly optimistic. So now you'll stop down one more stop to f/22. You're right about checking the shutter speed because unless it's bright or you're using an ISO400 film or faster you'll need a tripod. The 45mm lens is far easier to use for near to far focusing as it gives much more depth of field. But even with that lens you will still need to stop down an extra stop from what the lens it telling you. Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin