Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,856   Online: 942

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Q.G.,

Thank you. I always wondered what happened.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Its a 500cm with a 80mm lens the tripod is about right , agents cost 25% of the fee ,they are supposed to cover there costs by gaining higher fees and sorting out the minefield that is called usage , this is the theory and not always the actuality

Shooter
    Multi Format

New Sighting

Friday night was the first airing of a new television show on NBC "Southland". Naturally a police show that takes place in Los Angeles [what a new concept!]. One of the police officiers has a girlfriend or wife [who pays attention] who from the start of the show is dying to get a Hasselblad. She is trying to earn money to buy one. At the end of the show, the officier puts a $500 deposit on a Hasselblad with a big strobe on the right side. The camera store salesman says that the Hasselblad is the best camera in the world as the television camera moves in on the camera.

So there you have it. Rollei and Mamiya owners dispair! Even television screen writers and producers agree that the Hasselblad is the best camera in the world!

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    I just saw the commercial. I am pretty sure it is a Hasselblad 1600 being used with a giant, overkill tripod.

here's the video
    http://www.trilipix.com/AboutTrilipi...pix-Video.aspx
    I just watched the clip also, and I believe the camera is a 500C with the chrome 80mm C lens and a big ass Bogen tripod.

FWIW.

Ron

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    He needs a lens shade.

Thanks for that post, btw. This is the first one of those ads about which I actually will ask my doctor. I have really low HDL.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    He needs a lens shade.

Thanks for that post, btw. This is the first one of those ads about which I actually will ask my doctor. I have really low HDL.
    Also ask you doctor about Niapan Er 500mg tablet. Take a regular asprin 40 minutes before to avoid the skin prickliness and burning. I reduces HDL and increases LDL.

Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    I reduces HDL and increases LDL.
    Steve
    That's what I don't want. My HDL hovers around 40 no matter what I do. It's the good cholesterol. I'd like it to be >60.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Next week in Dr. Finlay's casebook...

"Doctor, i thought i saw a Kiev!"
    "Here's a pill. Come back next week."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3 View Post
    That's what I don't want. My HDL hovers around 40 no matter what I do. It's the good cholesterol. I'd like it to be >60.
    Then I meant the other way around.

If you want to raise the bad cholesterol, a slab of bacon would be a good start.

Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Then I meant the other way around.

If you want to raise the bad cholesterol, a slab of bacon would be a good start.

Steve
    Actually, a high fat, very low carbohydrate diet will reduce will reduce LDL, triglycerides and total cholesterol. Dr. Richard Bernstein, who has been on a very high fat diet for more than 25 years, had an HDL of 118, LDL of 53, triglycerides 45 and an average blood sugar of 83 mg/dl in 2006 at the age of 72. This corresponds to an HbA1c of <4.5.

It's the sugar that throws your lipid profile out of whack, not the fat.

I may try the Niacin treatment if my doc will go for it. I'm sick of these statins he has me taking.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin