Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,740   Posts: 1,515,552   Online: 1079

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
    I think Im bumping up an older thread here, sorry.

Wow, maybe I really should hunt down one of those macro lenses at some stage. Now that I've actually heard something about them. All I have at the moment on my pro sd is the 127mm, which I might add has done me great service and will continue to.
    I have to say, if your only lens is the 127, you'd have a lot more fun getting one of the excellent wide-angle lenses - or even the 37mm fisheye :-) I also have the 127mm, and the 140 Macro buys you only a relatively small mount of quality improvement for most general photography (not really visible unless you're really precise with your technique), and at f/4.5 is quite a bit slower (less scope for shallow depth-of-field).

If, however, you value taking perfect images of very close-up subjects, the 140mm Macro is a wonderful tool - and, of course, I love mine for all-round general use. The out-of-focus rendition and contrast is just perfect to my eyes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh, I plan in getting a 50mm and possibly a telephoto of some description too. I am a fan of macro's though, but its a lens I kinda was dismissing. I do fine art photography of various descriptions mainly. I've noticed these things are a damn lot cheaper than they used to be, time to slowly add to my collection I think. Thanks for your input though.

Cheers to the mamiya rb love. *damn that camera is my baby even with only one lens*

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Those examples of the 140mm macro are beautiful.

The nice thing about the RB, the bellows are already 43mm over extended so macro can be achieved with almost any lens, a nice feature.

In all the years I have been reparing n using RBs I have never seen seaparation till recently when a friend gave me an old 180mm. I thought people were nuts posting stories about that but I am hearing more of this lately. I guess these lenses are well into their 30th n 40th year, perhaps not stored properly, pros have converted so these old ladies sit in closets n garages til they hit the auctions; time to start seeing the effects of age?

Getting old really sucks!... but these old ladies still know how to do their job.

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    Those examples of the 140mm macro are beautiful.
    Thank you, Paul!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'll second that too, those are beautiful shots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Flowers, flowers, flowers and old ships. Don't no body take pictures of purty gals any more? Don't you knows dat da RB on that camera stands for 'real beauties' ? Now take that fancy pants lense of yours and go take some good looking female types. Ifan I wants to sez purty flowers, I can gos to da purty flower shop. Whats da mattr, youse guys getin old or sumpten? My o'my.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric Trexell View Post
    Flowers, flowers, flowers and old ships. Don't no body take pictures of purty gals any more? Don't you knows dat da RB on that camera stands for 'real beauties' ? Now take that fancy pants lense of yours and go take some good looking female types. Ifan I wants to sez purty flowers, I can gos to da purty flower shop. Whats da mattr, youse guys getin old or sumpten? My o'my.
    We're talking about the 140mm not the 150SF, that's why there's no girls, sheesh...
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric Trexell View Post
    Well out heres, if'n we wants ta see some purty gal types, dey's walkin' along da street and dey ain't all bundled up cuz dis ain't Wisconsin. And if dat ain't enuf, dere's always da beach!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is what I'ze talkin abouts...sorry, the one in black just got married, but the other is a nice Christian gal and single.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rachel and Rebecca.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	205.2 KB 
ID:	42862
    Taken with a Mamiya RB67 Pro S with a 127mm lense and one Pro Master strobe with umbrella.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All of the RB lenses I've used (up to 180mm) work well with close-focus work, as long as maintaining flat-field reproduction isn't your primary concern.

The 140mm macro lens adds the flat-field reproduction strength as well.

The 140mm for the orchid, and the the 180mm for the leaves and fungi:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fungi-fallen_cr.jpg   Orchid-07c.jpg  
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin