Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,484   Posts: 1,571,260   Online: 1043

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 140 is next on my purchase list and with luck, I'll have one this afternoon. I currently own the 50, 90, 127, 150 and 180--and each gets used regularly. I want the macro to pair with the 50 and 90 for back packing as that will give me a fairly versitile spread. I mostly shoot in black and white and until I find a printer or set up a darkroom, am having my negatives scanned. People are amazed at the difference in quality of the film images over digital. I did not realize that I didn't get closer focusing with the 140, but since it's the flatter field I'm wanting it for, that's not an issue.

Interesting thread with lots of great photos and information! Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi there !

My very first post here, I found your forum because I was looking for information on this lens (quite difficult to find by the way...)
    I was given this lens not long ago, shutter did not work and the owner wasn't bothered to ask for a repair quotation.
    The quotation ended up at 190€ and I started thinking it was not worth the money to do it. Thanks to philosomatographer and his photos I now think quite the opposite and cannot wait to have it repaired ! (on top of that it looks brand new...)

So thanks a LOT for the time you took to give your impressions and the wonderful photos you shared.

Benoit - France.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is this thread still alive? It is a fantastic read.

I took my RB67 Pro SD out today with the 140macro and the extension tube no.1, to photograph some interesting weeds (not much else around at the moment!) and maybe do a couple of landscape shots.

I hope the close ups turn out, as they looked magnificent in the ground glass. But I was surprised that I just couldn't focus for landscapes. Philosomatographer started this thread saying the 140 was also great for landscapes, but I just got a blur. Is this because I had the extension tube on?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop View Post
    Is this thread still alive? It is a fantastic read.

I took my RB67 Pro SD out today with the 140macro and the extension tube no.1, to photograph some interesting weeds (not much else around at the moment!) and maybe do a couple of landscape shots.

I hope the close ups turn out, as they looked magnificent in the ground glass. But I was surprised that I just couldn't focus for landscapes. Philosomatographer started this thread saying the 140 was also great for landscapes, but I just got a blur. Is this because I had the extension tube on?
    Yep - the extension tube means you can only do close-up work.

Are you aware you can get down to about 1/2 life size if you use the lens without any extension tube?

EDIT: that should be 1/3 life size
    Last edited by MattKing; 12-01-2013 at 07:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quick response there, Matt. Many thanks. Glad to know there is probably nothing wrong with my set up.

Yes, I noticed how useful this lens can be without the tube. However, I have the 90mm K/L and the 180mm K/L, so really got this 140mm for macro work. I noticed that it was very stiff trying to lock on to the body, not at all as smooth as the other lenses. But when I put the tube on first, which was very smooth, the 140 lens fitted the extension tube very smoothly too. So, the tube makes it a lot easier to get on and off.

I was was just wondering if I could have the best of both worlds - ease of use, and the occasional landscape shot thrown in when I'm not carrying the other lenses. Now I know! Thanks again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin