Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,727   Online: 815

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think, given the political climate of the time, the various wars-by-proxy being fought between the USA and the USSR, if the moon landings were being faked, they would have been quickly debunked by the Soviets.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotogeorge View Post
    I wonder if the studio, where NASA shot the images with the H-blad, is still available for another landing. I understand that NASA destroyed 45 original, downloaded videotapes of the moon landing. Supposedly, it was a grave mistake, or was it just a case of destroying the evidence. Sure is lucky, that NASA still has the H-blad images. I notice that the image of the landing foot shows that there wasn't any moon dust on the landing pad. I find it surprising that the radiation, that exists on the moon didn't damage the MF film. It is a shame that they didn't return with the H-blad, so that someone could examine the camera for dust and radiation contamination, and see how the film was protected from the radiation. There is a long history of LBJ lies, like his his silver star award, college days, Kennedy assasination cover-ups, and the Tonkin Gulf incident. It will knock you over if you go ahead and read some books on the LBJ biography. The moon landing is just another LBJ manufactured lie. I personally, don't believe there were any moon landings.
    Nixon was president during the first moon landing and all of the ones that followed.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    35mm
    I believe they were fake also. My main reason is due to the fact that technology has advanced by quantum leaps and bounds since we first supposedly landed on the moon, but have yet to return. Why have we not returned? Maybe it's because we have never been there.

Jamusu.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jamusu View Post
    I believe they were fake also. My main reason is due to the fact that technology has advanced by quantum leaps and bounds since we first supposedly landed on the moon, but have yet to return. Why have we not returned? Maybe it's because we have never been there.

Jamusu.
    At the time it was a technology race with Russia. The moon was a finish line, and we had to beat them there. Since then the focus of the space program has changed dramaticly and NASA budgets have been slashed.

If you really understand the history of the USA and the Cold War, it makes perfect sense.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotogeorge View Post
    I wonder if the studio, where NASA shot the images with the H-blad, is still available for another landing. I understand that NASA destroyed 45 original, downloaded videotapes of the moon landing. Supposedly, it was a grave mistake, or was it just a case of destroying the evidence. Sure is lucky, that NASA still has the H-blad images. I notice that the image of the landing foot shows that there wasn't any moon dust on the landing pad.
    Why would there be dust on the landing pads? There is no atmosphere to kick up dust.

Personally would find NOT going to the moon to be more unbelievable. The amount of people required to propogate the hoax would be unsurmountable. Why so many people would take that to their grave is beyond me.

There would just be too many people involved to keep the secret.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteZ8 View Post
    At the time it was a technology race with Russia. The moon was a finish line, and we had to beat them there. Since then the focus of the space program has changed dramaticly and NASA budgets have been slashed.

If you really understand the history of the USA and the Cold War, it makes perfect sense.
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    Pete.

Excellent point. In fact I started to mention that in my response, but thought it not necessary because I find it hard to believe that we or any other continent have landed on the moon based on the fact that no one has been back in decades.

But my opinion has nothing to do with what the O.P. has written so I will stop here as a means of saving the thread before it is taken down the wrong path.

Jamusu.
    Last edited by jamusu; 07-17-2009 at 01:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Didn't they do some sort of 'snip' processing step to tweak the density of the Ektachrome?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anybody interested in this *needs* to check out the book "Full Moon", edited by photographer Michael Light.

http://www.michaellight.net/fullmoon/

It blew me away when I saw it at the Craig Krull Gallery in Los Angeles.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The arguments about the US never having really landed on the moon fail in the face of experiments left on the moon
    when the crews left. One of these were devices that allowed laser beams to be fired from earth the moon for the
    purposes of measuring the distance between the two. I believe there several such devices left. On, the moon is moving away from Earth and in a few million years will be so far away that it will no longer control the tides. So sell that beach front property now, before major flooding occurs. Another thing to consider, there were several instances where radio hams listened in on the "private channels" while the crews were headed for the moon. Another, experiment left on the surface were seismic detectors to determine the core density of the Moon. They read the shock wave when the blast off occurred. Believe they lasted for a few years and provided readings from the moon. Would also agree that the USSR would have publicized and "fake" activity if it was there. Was stationed in Germany
    during the mid to late 60's and Army units were always at state of "war footing" waiting for the "bear". They were looking for any reason to embarrass the US. If you can find this book in a used book store buy it makes for a good "read". It is called "Secrets of Our Spaceship Moon" by Don Wilson ISBN 0-440-16550-4. Raised quite a stir when it came out in 1979. Guess we'll just have to wait for the "greys" to show up and explain all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I understand that NASA destroyed 45 original, downloaded videotapes of the moon landing. Supposedly, it was a grave mistake, or was it just a case of destroying the evidence.
    Much has been made of this in the past couple of days. Conspiracy theories aside, the tapes in question were of a non-standard format consisting of images transmitted to two earth locations. At these locations, the non-standard format was converted. It's not hard to believe that at some point someone determined these original, non-standard tapes were of little value since no one else could read them. Of course, considerable technology could be applied to them today, but this technology didn't exist at the time.

I watched the landing, had just returned from overseas. I was impressed, grainy images and all.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin