Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,082   Online: 1026

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

unexposed film on bronica etrs. HELP

Hi. i recently shoot my first roll of 120 film on my new BRONICA ETRS.
    when i developed it, came unexposed. Very frustated i checked the shutter, looking through the body (without the BACK) and the shutter works at all speeds. The film back winds normally and the dark slide was removed before taking the pictures. First i will replace the battery. just in case. Second, i´ll reload the actual film /my second with only 2 photos taken) and see if loadas correctly. I think it´s not the filmback, but dont´t know since cant look directly without ruining another roll. ANY sugestions?.

thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It sounds crazy, but you may have loaded the film "backwards". With the ETRS you load the film insert so the "black" (inside) part of the paper is facing away from the plate of the insert, this will cause the film to be "exposed" to the front of the camera.

If you load the film with the "black" (inside) part of the paper towards the insert's plate, the film will be facing away from the camera.

Post back if this helps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That would be my guess too. It took me a few reads through that section of the manual to figure out how it goes.

Shooter
    35mm
    yes. i thought that too. it might happened . i´ll re check my actual roll.

Thank you very much both of you.

bye.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    With th eback open, in multi exposure mode, fire the camera at different speeds to be sure you are seeing light?

If you are seeing light and speeds look like they are correct, you must have loaded the film backwards.

Also be sure you are not in multi exposure mode when you start shooting again or you will have another unexposed roll with one black negative.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well. i changed the battery, and i loaded the film corrrectly. I shoot 2 rolls one portra and one provia 100. The portra came ok, but the provia came with unexposed frames in random order, I have 7 frames ok and unexposed ones in between. VERY odd. what can it be?.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is not a video about a Bronica ETRS, but this Hasselblad video may help you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=op6hDyMmkqA

Search YouTube to see if there is a video for loading your Bronica.

I hope that this helps you.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have never had this issue with my Bronica, but I would think its the lens as the shutter in inside that. If you have another lens try it, maybe check all the contacts are clean. If it was me I would shoot a roll at each shutter speed to see if its happening at all shutters or just one, but this could be very expensive if you do not develop your own film.

Please keep us updated I would be interested to know what the issue is.

Paul

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Try cleaning the battery contacts of the camera.
    Keep the shutter open and see if the aperture is working properly at all settings.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How did you meter? AE prism? Or did you set things yourself?

Is the film really unexposed? Or just very underexposed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin