Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,280   Posts: 1,534,888   Online: 818

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would love to see a hasselblad forum here. Any chance of it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    agree

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes! Absolutely Hasselblad. I purchased my first Hassy a few months ago, only have the one 80mm lens, (I have a 120mm f/4 in my sights). My querry is, what is the performance difference between the 500 to 501 to 503's? I have the 500CM. I can see myself becoming obsessed with all things Hassy. I feel transformed.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    we have a MF forum. works for me.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The performance comes from the lens - the Hassy bodies are just boxes to hold the other parts - some have additional features but do not significantly effect the quality of the results.
    John Harvey
    Colorado Springs, CO
    harveyje@usa.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think camera specific forums or sub-forums are of any practical use to APUG members. There are plenty of *****Camera User Groups around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with Bruce, I use Hassy's, but I don't think that we need to promote equipment elitism on our forum, there are other places for that on the net.
    Scott Stadler

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't believe a Hassy Forum is about elitism, which does not interest me. It is about Hassy Specific information and issues. Mind you, the Hassy thing could be inside the Medium Format Forum, where ever you all prefer. Thanks for answering my questions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A Hasselblad forum definitely is not about elitism. True, there are lots of a**holes with Hassies but there are the same with Nikons and Leicas.

I just thought it would be nice to post inquiries in a specific place. (nose in the air).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In my opinion, based on my experience with other photo sites, nothing promotes discord as much as specific-brand name forums mixed in with other brands, like photo.net,and especially expensive ones. If it were me, I wouldn't go down that road. There are already camera-type forums here, and that should be enough. This website should be about the actual non-digital photography, not the brand. What camera brand is used to make a picture is really of no interest whatsoever. Any brand-specific questions can already be posted in the appropriate camera-type forum (35m, MF, LF, etc.).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin