Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,933   Posts: 1,557,017   Online: 1182

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I didn't think there was anything commercially available to fit the bay1 mount - other than specific bay1 items. I'll google both and see what i find. I'd likely never use the Cokin (or Lee for that matter) over my 35mm lenses so it would be strictly for the 6x6.

Interestingly, i'd consider a Cokin/Lee for my 6x6, but never for my 35mm due to IQ degradation from the lower-quality-than-the-lenses filters whereas the 6x6 IQ *should* be magnitudes greater than my 35mm line-up. Desperation maybe?!?

Thanks again!

frank

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bay I to threaded adapters aren't particularly expensive. I can't speak to the Autocord, but a 49mm filter mounts nicely on my Rollei TLRs without obstructing the viewing lens. I think I got the adapters on eBay.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a Minolta Autopole and it is a fantastic accessory for the TLR - a very ingenious device.

Rolleiflex also made a polarizer for TLR's - it is called a Rolleipol. It is not as sophisticated as an Autopole - it is a single filter with index marks. The user puts it on the viewing lens and dials it in to the desired level of polarization. Then remove it and put on taking lens with the polarizer using the same index mark. A little slower than an Autopole, but it works. You probably could make something similar using a regular threaded polarizer and a bay 1 adapter - put some index marks on the filter and you are good to go.

Shooter
    35mm

Minolta 6X6 Polarizer

I also have the Autopole even if I haven't used it recently. Years ago there was a seller at a NJ Sunday camera show with a whole box of these. There were few takers. The Autopole is beautifully made and works very well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    WOW!!!!

@ ntenny - Brilliant idea!!! I'll check into them too - i got a feeling if i can find one, it'll be on it's way to me!
    @ JRLacobs - Thanks for the heads up on the Rollei solution - i saw one on hte auction site too, but a little more spendy than i was thinking....
    @ dynachrome - Since you're not using it too much, i'd be HAPPY to help you out with (of) your predicament. Simply send it my way and i'll make sure it gets a good work out regularly! In fact, i'll even pay the postage so you're not too burdened!! ;-)

Thanks everyone!!! My Autocord should get to me in about 2 weeks - yes, i'm just a *little?* bit excited.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fmajor View Post
    ... I didn't think there was anything commercially available to fit the bay1 mount - other than specific bay1 items. ...
    Heliopan does all possible filters in all Rollei mounts. See HERE. You can get multicoated versions too. However - if you go with a step up ring (bay I to 49mm) you can use common 49mm filters and you can stack them if necessary. you can not stack the Bayonet mount filters. On the other had if you go with the later solution, you loose the possibility of attaching the lens hood.

I got for my Rolleiflex T an adaptor to 49mm and use the polarizer, ND8 and infrared filter on it (I have yet to use the infrared, actually). Works fine for me. I can stack to polarizer and the ND to get a very long exposure - like THIS one.

The common BW filters I use in Bay I (yellow, green, Agfacolor filter) as I want to be able to use the lens hood.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slnce-z-gsi View Post
    if you go with a step up ring (bay I to 49mm) you can use common 49mm filters and you can stack them if necessary.
    I think mine is Bay I to 46mm. It's a bit smaller but I think there is a greater range of 49mm filters than 46mm.

My 46mm Polariser works fine with it though without any vignetting (did I spell that right?).

I either put it on the viewing lens first to get the rotation right or just hold it up to my eye. I prefer the eye method as it reduces the chances of taking the shot with it still attached to the viewing lens (not that I have done that..... too often).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks everyone!!!!

I'm thinking the bay1 to 49mm adapter is going to be my best solution as i can add any filter any time. Unfortunately, i'll have to wait a bit to get one (difficult delivery to where i currently live).

frank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin