Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,641   Online: 945

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Zeiss Ikon- Ikonta 521/2

Been trying to find out the exact info for my Ikonta 521/2 at a info site it states Ikonta 521/2 was made 1947 with a tessar lens or a Novar lens but with a prontor shutter 1-1/250 but mine is a Klio shutter 1-1/150 ; Serial # L 80051[*] is a star) per this
    site http://www.wctatel.net/web/crye/z-i120.htm

Have I gotten a camera where someone switched the stuff around , or did get a original from the factory like this ?

thanks all your info and help, just to know what I have or do not have?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zeiss Ikon-ikonta-3-8060752.jpg   Zeiss Ikon-ikonta-2-8060753.jpg   Zeiss Ikon-ikonta-1-8060755.jpg  
    Last edited by seawolf66; 08-06-2009 at 08:56 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: left info out
    Lauren MacIntosh
    When one's life Ends, then one becomes Life's history !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    From the information I have in the book Zeiss Compendium by Charles Barringer and Marc James Small (two of the leading experts in Zeiss Ikon trivia), the 521/2 was manufactured with the Novar lens and Klio shutter in 1948 and 1949.
    Zeiss-Ikon cameras were often offered with different combinations of lenses and shutters at different prices. The Klio shutter and Novar lens were the bottom of the Zeiss shutter/lens line, while the Tessar lens was more expensive (and has a bit of a legendary reputation). The same goes for the Prontor shutter, it had a wider range of shutter speeds (up to about 1/200), and the top of the line was the Compur shutter, which went as high as 1/500 in some versions.
    Despite its position at the bottom of the Zeiss line, the Novar lens (in my opinion) still turns out excellent photos, especially when stopped down a bit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    mightyomega: Thanks for the info on my camera :
    Lauren MacIntosh
    When one's life Ends, then one becomes Life's history !

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyomega View Post
    Despite its position at the bottom of the Zeiss line, the Novar lens (in my opinion) still turns out excellent photos, especially when stopped down a bit.
    I have an Ikonta B (523/16) with a Novar in Prontor and am amazed at the quality of the lens. My profile picture was made with this camera, using Fuji Reala.

Ed
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin