Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,706   Online: 822

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Where to find Rollieflex Tele 4.0 4/135mm HTF?

I've looked the world over and cannot find any example photographs from one of those Tele-Rollieflex 4.0 4/135mm HTFs. Has anyone seen any and is there a reputable dealer who might be able to find one?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The Tele's were scarse in the day's that they were made and expensive......

KEH maybe at times, ebay (expect high prices) but even at local camera stores.
    You don't state where you live...

Peter

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolleiflex-Tele-...ht_2582wt_1106

Here is one and that is a reputable dealer. You might be better off getting an older version without the HFT coatings and getting a close focus lens. Unless you have more money than God.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think I would get a Mamiya 330 first, that's a lot of coin for a camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    I did see the one on eBay (well, the product image and I've read things about the seller), but haven't even seen any photos of one anywhere else. I haven't even been able to find photos made with the camera. I'm interested in the camera because it carries the same perspective that I shoot in 35mm.

I live in the States, by the way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The older ones are much more cost effective, even with having to get the separate Rolleinar to focus close enough for head-size portraits. I just got one myself. Truly a thing of beauty.

Although I didn't end up getting mine from him, Ken Hansen is probably the best guy to contact for one of the older ones. Reputable, and a true gentleman. Although he doesn't have his store anymore, he still deals in Rolleiflexes, and at least a year ago, had an inventory that made me want sign over my bank account to him. Sanders McNew from APUG recommended him to me.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Last edited by John Lawrence; 08-07-2009 at 11:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    John,

Thanks, but those suppliers have the old version. I'm looking for the new version that has the reformulated Schneider lens in it.

The older version with a Rolleinar might be more cost effective, but that kind of thinking has seemed to have eluded me my last few camera years (although I'm still quite a film guy).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokeh Guy View Post
    I did see the one on eBay (well, the product image and I've read things about the seller), but haven't even seen any photos of one anywhere else. I haven't even been able to find photos made with the camera. I'm interested in the camera because it carries the same perspective that I shoot in 35mm.

I live in the States, by the way.
    I have watched Rolleis in ebay quite a bit and I don't remember ever seeing a new version tele for sale used. So all the images have been stock product images. You might at least contact Kurland Photo in New York even though they don't show a Tele on their web site. I know they have Rollei resources and they might be able to get you a quote and a camera if you asked. I bought an FX from them once and they were very professional about it.

http://www.kurlandphoto.com/rollei-c-9.html

Also you might PM Sanders McNew here on apug and ask him if he knows somewhere they are available in NY. He is a Tele fan and lives in NY... though he prefers the older version.
    Dennis

Shooter
    35mm
    Geez, you guys are fast.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully I can find one of these rascals (now it's become a quest).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin