Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,635   Online: 1083

Thread: Kodak Senior #1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak Senior #1

I saw this camera and won the Bid , but like a dummy , Did not look at spool size [LOL at my self] I have heard of respooling the 120 on to 620 roll's
    BUT can one modify the 120 spool to fit in the 620 exit spot and have a 620 spool in the take up spot , with out a lot of head aches , and the camera look like it had very little use :
    Thanks a lot Folks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kodak Senior #1-8100796.jpg  
    Lauren MacIntosh
    When one's life Ends, then one becomes Life's history !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice camera. A 120 spool can be cut down to fit into a 620 camera, however one must recover the spool when processing the film so that one does not need to keep making 620 spools.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sometimes it works well, Lauren, sometimes not. I haven't tried the Senior. I have a Junior and it really does require the 620 roll - it's pretty tight. Try cutting an old reel down with nail scissors just inside the ridge at the outside edges. If it fits in, great! Warning - when the rolls have been trimmed, they are much more likely to leak light into the roll of film, fogging it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    Sometimes it works well, Lauren, sometimes not.
    After fiddling a number of times with cutting 120 spools for the supply side of a Duo... my conclusion is that it is much easier (in all respects) to just spend a few bucks to buy some 620 spools and spend the time transfering film from 120 to 620 for shooting, and then back to 120 if you send out for processing. If the Senior is anything like the Duo, the cut 120 spools will not run as smooth feeding the film as a real 620 spool will. The 620 spools aren't cheap but I hope they will last "forever" if well cared for.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just sand down the ends of the spool with fairly course sandpaper, in a dim room hold the sandpaper flat on a table with one hand hold the spool of film in the other hand firmly but not tight enough to damage the film and run the ends (do both ends) in a circle or figure 8 motion until its thined down like a 620 spool then you can use scissors to trim the diameter or tilt the spool to a angle and use a twisting motion on the sandpaper to sand down to the right diameter. Its quicker and easier to do than it sounds. Make sure you blow the dust off of the film before you load it in the camera. Its messy but it works for me every time

If you would like a example PM me
    Last edited by brian d; 08-10-2009 at 10:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    More than likely your camera will have a 620 spool inside it. Then it's trivial, with a changing bag or blacked-out room, to respool 120 film onto 620 spools

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brian d View Post
    I just sand down the ends of the spool with fairly course sandpaper, ...
    When I was engaging in 120 spool modification I would just trim the part of the spool that stuck out beyond the film with a pair of scissors. VERY quick (no more than 1 second for each end) and no dust.

p.s. other Brian... I totally agree about Real Men!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got lucky , I open my Bessa II and found a 620 spool there and on the pressure plate for the film someone wrote 620 ??, the Bessa II is a 120 film user !
    are there any special trick to get the film to spool up tight and how you folks get the film go smooth when rewinding it back on the other spool:
    Lauren MacIntosh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by seawolf66 View Post
    I got lucky , I open my Bessa II and found a 620 spool there and on the pressure plate for the film someone wrote 620 ??, the Bessa II is a 120 film user !
    are there any special trick to get the film to spool up tight and how you folks get the film go smooth when rewinding it back on the other spool:
    The problem is that the 120 film will not fit in the camera.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve: My writing can confuss me also , The Bessa II works well with 120 ,its the Kodak senior 1 that will only work with a 620 spool : sorry for the confussion:
    Lauren MacIntosh

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin