Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,375   Online: 896

Shooter
    Medium Format

Bronica SQ-A vignetting on long exposure?

I shot this long exposure(either 2 or 4 seconds) at about 4:30 in the morning as the sun was rising. I didn't realize until I had scanned and edited the photo that it had some vignetting on it. Is this normal? I was using a Bronica SQ-A w/ Bronica PS 110mm macro...any insight on this? I'm not too worried as vignetting can be fixed in photoshop, just curious.

-Will

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    What aperture were you using?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    On a perpendicular lens axis to film plane camera such as an SLR? No not really, not as far as i know. Im pretty sure its not like large format where when tilting, shifting or stopping down you have so many factors to worry about, its usually pretty straight forward and vignetting would be factored into the manufacturing. I would edit a photo that was made on film, kinda going against what film stands for, but thats just my opinion, were you using a filter though?

Shooter
    35mm
    Don't all lens vignette to some degree at maximum aperture?

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are two kinds of vignetting. Which are you experiencing?

Mechanical vignetting - where the corners of the image are physically cut off, e.g. by too thick a filter or by the lens hood

Optical vignetting - aka light falloff - the natural tendency of lenses to have reduced illumination at the edges of the frame, especially at wide apertures and with wider angle lenses.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin