Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,697   Posts: 1,549,078   Online: 1079

Thread: scan film

Shooter
    Medium Format

scan film

Heelo. i just scan my tri-x 320 and it looks grainy. also in the mean time, i scan my fp4 plus with different +silverfast and it's look stunning? is it a maater of film type or the scanner software interpretative the file?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pateeid View Post
    Heelo. i just scan my tri-x 320 and it looks grainy. also in the mean time, i scan my fp4 plus with different +silverfast and it's look stunning? is it a maater of film type or the scanner software interpretative the file?
    Well yeah. Tri-x is faster, more grain, somewhat like HP5 and FP4 is slower, finer grain, more like Plus-X.

Like comparing apples and oranges.

Can't comment on the scanner.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pateeid,
    We have a sister site http://hybridphoto.com that has as its focus the blending of digital and traditional photography. This subject is out of scope for APUG.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin