Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,289   Online: 975

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Well made machines?

But send them in to Hasselblad, and they'll service them for you.
    And they will put the propper grease where it belongs and the propper oil where that belongs.

Cooking oil will freeze any mechanical thing to a grinding hold, normal oil for a car is totaly unsuited for a camera and so on.
    And once you put the wrong oil into the wrong places and it does not work anymore, the bill for the extra cleaning will run up and up......

Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks a lot my friends, it is very nice to check that nobody has a different opinion and I accept completely yours behavior.
    In any case, to demonstate you that I was not completely irresponsible I like to explain you that when I did it (lubricating) I just "wet" a small plastic finger with special lubricant (as per weapon) just touching the interested part, not more.

Gratefully
    <°Aldo><

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some parts in the Hasselblad camera body are 'greased' with a slight touch of graphite powder, just enough to do the job and not to wander around in the mechanics chamber. This is done when the camera is produced in the factory, for the rest of their life, these parts do not need any oiling.
    Other parts are made of, what is called, self greasing bronze (I do not know if this is the right expression in English), that is bronze, once heated, is cooled in a special oil-bath. This is an old trick used in the bush — and roll bearings of steam locomotives and meant to stand heavy use and last for ever...
    Others are made of dural and are, in factory, polished with rice powder or horse tail hear to be as smooth as possible to avoid wear.
    If I have the time, I will look for that old Hasselblad folder telling all about it.
    If one man should make a 500C/M, and produce all the parts one by one, it would take him about one year...

CLA a Hasselblad is a professionals job.

Good luck,

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by la.triglia View Post
    Dear Photoaholics,

What do you think about my compulsion to oil (carefully and seldom) lens charger and others key points of my old Hassy? Thanks a lot for your advice!!!!!!
    Aldo
    Please, Please, Please, NEVER become an Ebay seller!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by la.triglia View Post
    Dear Photoaholics,

What do you think about my compulsion to oil (carefully and seldom) lens charger and others key points of my old Hassy? Thanks a lot for your advice!!!!!!
    Aldo
    Are you nuts? Don't do it. You'll mess it up and then you'll be crying about where to get it fixed and how much it's going to cost.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My Brother is a qualified watch repairer, he uses about 4 different oils for the average watch. If something you wear on your wrist uses different oils for different uses within it think what a camera would use.

I wouldn’t touch the insides of a camera I would only trust it to a professional who knows what they are doing, they know what to use and where.

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Some parts in the Hasselblad camera body are 'greased' with a slight touch of graphite powder, just enough to do the job and not to wander around in the mechanics chamber. This is done when the camera is produced in the factory, for the rest of their life, these parts do not need any oiling.
    Other parts are made of, what is called, self greasing bronze (I do not know if this is the right expression in English), that is bronze, once heated, is cooled in a special oil-bath. This is an old trick used in the bush — and roll bearings of steam locomotives and meant to stand heavy use and last for ever...
    Others are made of dural and are, in factory, polished with rice powder or horse tail hear to be as smooth as possible to avoid wear.
    If I have the time, I will look for that old Hasselblad folder telling all about it.
    If one man should make a 500C/M, and produce all the parts one by one, it would take him about one year...

CLA a Hasselblad is a professionals job.

Good luck,

Philippe
    Dear Philippe,
    While I have to extend my grateful to all who took the time for their kind advices. A special thanks to you, for the professional answer that stops any doubts. This is what I consider expertise. Even if I feel shame, me I ask you if the same considerations are also valid for my old Linhof “Techinika 70”.
    Thanks again, ciao and all the best.
    <°Aldo><

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Castrol GTX used to be good but nowadays the modern synthetics and semi-synthetics seem to be in favour. Oops, wrong site! Cameras and OIL, where would you start? DON'T DO IT, if it isn't working send it to an approved service agent......... but then, if it's a Hasselblad, it's working and working well. Well, isn't it?

Originally Posted by benjiboy
    ....."if it ain't broke don't fix it".
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin