Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,332   Online: 706

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd add a vote to the box camera. You clearly already have cameras that will perform, and are looking for some cheap fun (aren't we all?), and the constraints of a box camera add to its charm. I have three that I really like : a Brownie No.2 Model F Portrait version, which takes 120 and has a flip-out lens for close focussing, and two Box Tengors. One takes 6x9, the other 6x4.5. When people see me using them, especially on a tripod, they fall over laughing. Take your family out to the park, like my Dad used to do fifty years ago, and take a picture of them, all posed in their Sunday best, for the family album.

They're great fun.
    Alex

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm partial to my Kodak Duaflex II TLR, purchased at a yard sale for an incredible $1 . My suggestion yo you is visit lots of yard sales, thrift shops, junk shops, estate sales, and even auction houses. Your pursuit of a fun and cheap medium format could become a hobby unto itself, and an excuse to photograph more. Just a thought.
    Rick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Buy a HOLGA -- have fun!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Get a Weltaflex, they are simple, cheap and very stylish.........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't want a holga!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look at pawn shops, especially now, garage sales, yard sales, ...
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just grab the first box camera or Agfa Clack that comes your way...

The only photos I ever took which hung briefly in a real museum were with an Ansco shur-shot box camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about an Agfa Isolette if you go the folder route; they can still be found for less than $25. I have an early one that has the Jsolette spelling and it is quite nice to use.

Or, if you go the TLR way how about a Richoflex. They are quite useable and can still be found cheap but I have seen some go for silly prices recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I see old Kodak or Ansco cameras at yard sales, flea markets, etc. all the time. They're normally priced at $20+, but oftentimes you can talk them down.

Especially check estate sales or antique stores. They're pretty simple devices so as long as the shutter trips and there's no fungus then you should be fine. Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin