Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,440   Online: 898

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    abr

Shooter
    Holga

How much for this Mamiya rb67 pro s outfit?

I found the following for sale, and am wondering if it's a good deal? Ad says "adult-owned, low-use, excellent condition".

RB67 pro s body
    120 back
    prism viewfinder
    waistlevel finder
    127mm C lens
    150mm sf C lens

What would you expect to pay, and what should I watch out for in terms of condition? Thanks!

abr

Shooter
    Holga
    No thoughts? I am going to look at it tonight, and I've found some set ups using the rb67 pro s on KEH, but nothing with these accessories, unfortunately, so it's tough to compare.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by abr View Post
    No thoughts?
    I'd shop eBay. Take a few days, a week or two.
    Shop APUG as well. Compare. Off eBay I've put
    togeather a very nice RB Pro S outfit. Dan

abr

Shooter
    Holga
    Thanks Dan! Willamette Valley, eh? I'm a former Duck.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Put all those items in your KEH cart and you'll have a good idea of the upper price range that it's worth, generally speaking. The 127mm lens should be cheap as they are very, very common. The same goes for the finders unless they are metered. Does the 150mm have the disks?

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It will also make a difference which back and which prism are included. If it is the ProS back, it will have the double exposure interlock, which is nice. Condition will probably make a bigger difference. I agree to just put the items in a cart, or jot down the prices at KEH for these items at Excellent and Bargain pricing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by reellis67 View Post
    Put all those items in your KEH cart and you'll have a good idea of the upper price range that it's worth, generally speaking..
    Personally, I would aim for no more than 75% of the KEH price assuming the seller is knowledgeable about the functional condition of the camera and you have confidence in their assessment (and honesty). Perhaps go a bit higher if a) this is exactly what you want and b) the seller will take it back if it doesn't work properly right off the bat.

I figure 75% is midway between what you would pay KEH and what they would get selling to KEH. Seems fair to me.

If it's one of these "I haven't used it in years" or "it's my late uncle's camera" I'd aim for 50%.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    A big chunk of the "what it's worth" is going to be the disks for the 150 lens. -- for the lot , $200-350
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I just put my kit up in the classifieds. I will post some pictures after my kids go to bed.
    art is about managing compromise

abr

Shooter
    Holga
    Thanks everyone! I went to look at it, and it was in great shape. It does have the disks for the 150 lens, so that was a good thing. I asked the guy why he was selling, and he wants to go digital. Since I had an extra 20D and some accessories for it laying around, we arranged a trade. Win-win - I'm thrilled!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin