Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,321   Posts: 1,536,861   Online: 1131

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format

Where to repair a Pentax 67 II with winding problem?

I have a Pentax 67 II that won't stop winding at the first frame and will wind the whole roll through if you just keep advancing the lever over and over. Any suggestions on the best repair shops?

Thanks,

C

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    how about pentax in colorado? while there have them modify your prism so you can see the shutter speed

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format

P67 II repair shops

Hi David,

Thanks for that reply. I had considered Colorado, and of combining the trip to get an extra strap lug and the half stop shutter speed click stops added too. You kind of confirm that I'm not wayyy off base on those possibilities.

I wonder if anyone thinks any particular independent repair shop would be the way to go. I just got this camera, and am just learning all the basics of it. Never had a P67 before. I don't know what independents do repairs to the P67, and little enough about the camera itself.

Interesting camera. I really like the camera body and the 45mm. Shooting with the 35mm style body shape seems to suit me well outdoors for landscapes. Wish list item - a rectilinear 35mm or 40mm ultra wide.
    Last edited by CBG; 09-04-2009 at 12:30 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Takes me forever to get a simple sentance beat into clarity...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Why are you so hesitant to send it to Pentax?

And where are you?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have no tried him yet, but here is an independent shop:

http://pentaxs.com/

I have had my Pentax 6x7 and TTL prism refoamed and CLA'd by a local Washington, DC repair shop - ProPhoto on I Street, NW and they did a great job with it.

I have also had a Pentax 645N body overhauled by Pentax in Colorado. I bought the camera as a salvage unit (dropped) and had them put in a new shutter assembly and they re-calibrated everything back to factory specifications for a reasonable price and very fast turnaround.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by yurihuta View Post
    I have no tried him yet, but here is an independent shop:

http://pentaxs.com/
    I've used this shop—it's run by Eric Hendrickson. I sent him several Spotmatics that needed an overhaul, and he did an outstanding job! But I don't know if he works on the P67, so email him!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've had a 67II serviced by Eric Hendrickson and can highly recommend him. He can't do the " custom modifications" of 1/2 EV shutter speeds and making the F/ stop visible in the viewfinder however. You'd have to send it to Pentax for these services.

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    Why are you so hesitant to send it to Pentax? And where are you?
    I'm in NH.

Why hesitant? Not so much hesitating as that I want to see what the full range of my options is. I'm totally new to Pentax 67 and am sorting out what's what; who offers what service etc...

After seeing others say Colorado is good, I called them. Seems they have just outsourced (all - I think) factory service to CRIS Camera Services in Chandler, AZ.

The arrangement is so new to the folks in AZ that not all cameras awaiting repairs have yet been shipped to AZ. from CO So, CRIS Camera is still sorting out what services they offer to what camera and so on.

The persom I called at CRIS Camera was very nice to speak to and completely forthcoming, which does inspire confidence, but they are still sorting out what they offer with regard to repairs and adaptations on the 67. I'm hoping they do continue to offer the whole shebang. I am awaiting a more information to confirm what services they can offer at this moment.

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A bit of very very belated follow up. I hate to leave threads and inquiries like this incomplete. I did end up a while ago sending my P67 equipment to Erik Hendricson at http://pentaxs.com.

What I believe are shipping damages made it a very involved repair, and despite a real mess he got everything working perfectly. He went above and beyond to make things work. I suspect other shops would have given up. I want thank him, big time, publicly, and also to thank the folks who recommended him. I can't imagine any other person doing as well. I recommend him. Top of the list.

I have been wondering how to thank him and pass along the good word on a top shelf guy. It just occurred to me that this is the obvious place.

Thanks to all!!!!!

Charlie

PS: Contact info from his web site:

Eric Hendrickson
    272 Shoffner Rd
    Sharps Chapel, TN 37866

pentax27@aol.com

Fax/phone 865 278-1051

Shooter
    Medium Format
    CBG, thanks for the followup. I will add my recommendation for Eric Henderson as well. He did a great job with a CLA and shutter service on my 6x7 MLU and also took care of several minor annoyances on the camera as well.

While I am it, another question related to this thread: is the 1/2 EV shutter speed modification still available anywhere? If so, who does it, and can it be done on the older 67's like my 6x7 MLU, or is it just for the 67II?

Thanks,

Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin