Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,528   Posts: 1,543,957   Online: 1061

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I notice that bargain grade stuff from KEH is usually pretty good. Enjoy it!

Jeff

JCT

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've had good luck with the BGN grade as well-- be sure to run a roll or two through it within the return period to give it a good check-out.

Oh, and be sure to load the film in the back with the instructions in front of you. It is extremely easy to load the film "backwards" in the A12 back and "expose" the paper backing instead of the film.

Want to take a guess as to how I know this? Blank rolls are no fun.

Enjoy,

JT

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by watanabe` View Post
    .......Familiarize yourself with how to fix a stuck shutter. I carried a small flathead screwdriver in my camera bag for this purpose.
    Lol, I guess we've all been there....and all carry a small screwdriver?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just remember that you want to load it with the black paper facing out...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've been reading the manual, what does it mean when it says "camera should be fully wound"?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinthe View Post
    I've been reading the manual, what does it mean when it says "camera should be fully wound"?
    It means advance the film after taking an exposure.

That way you will not be trying to remove a lens when the lens and camera are not cocked. That is a bad thing to do.

Hasselblad designed the camera and the lenses to be safely stored in the cocked configuration. The darkslide will prevent the camera from firing and losing the frame.

Tomorrow I will be back at my computer and I will post the urls for loading film and unjamming the camera and the lenses.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mpirie View Post
    Lol, I guess we've all been there....and all carry a small screwdriver?

No, I haven't been there and I also don't carry a screwdriver.
    It's very simple, expose frame, wind crank, expose frame, wind crank..., see, very simple!

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Medium Format
    While it can't hurt to know how to 'unjam' a camera, it is completely unnecessary.
    I never had to with any of my cameras (except with an automatic bellows unit attached that was known to be defective. It was used, jamming, to demonstrate that it was defective).
    So don't let this talk about jamming unnerve you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have had to unjam a lens that chose to fire off while sitting in the camera bag. It was useful to know how to recock it. I was in Yosemite and I took off the 80mm lens to use the 250mm lens and I was going to take one photograph and put the 80mm lens back on the camera. The 80mm lens moved a little in the bag and fired itself. I walked a short distance to the Ansel Adams shop and asked for a professional photographer. The only one there was a LF and VLF person. She got a screwdriver for me and I turned the screw 180º and the lens opened but did not cock. It went back to the way it was. The two of use studied it for a while and she suggested that I turn in more than 180º. But she first made some calls and verified that it was ok to do that.

When I got home I bought the special screw driver and put it in the camera bag. [I never had a problem with it in an airport] And I started looking for better websites to learn from.

No, I have not needed to unjam a lens very much, but it is a good thing to know. Picture having the lens off and needing to cock both the lens and the body, not knowing how, and unable to put both back in the camera bag safely!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's called "cocking the shutter".
    Not "unjamming a lens".

You do not need a special tool for it.
    And how to do it is described in the manual.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin