Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,273   Posts: 1,534,575   Online: 1036

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    3 1/4" film holders Keith? I have the RB ProS and just got 2 1/4x 3 1/4 film holder, it took some time but finally found new in box. The film holders are built like the camera, a tank.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yep, they are heavy!
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm sure you'll enjoy your RB. You never get camera heavy!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Whoopee...Congrats and have fun with this great camera kit.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have been using an RB67 for about a year now - it's a great camera and I think you'll like it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I took my RB 67 and a 5x7 to Arches NP, the RB is sure nice to use and the negative size is sure better than my Mamiya 645. I'm sure you will be happy with yours. I have a 90mm and a 180mm plus the 2x telex. Having extra backs are a plus, I bought the double cable release, waited and found one new for cheap, but I had no problem using the camera without one. The best feature of the camera: RB, revolving back. No kidding, it's so very nice and extremely convenient.

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    One of the great cameras of our time. If I were only allowed one camera I suppose I would give up the 8x10 and 4x5 and stick with an RB67. I am not a "big" man but I never found the RB67 uncomfortable to carry and use!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I got one a week ago, I love it! I've been shooting 35mm for a long time and I'm loving the bigger film size! 6x7 slides look awesome.

Yes, it's a tank, I wouldn't take it backpacking through jungles or out on the street, I use mine for Portraits and landscape/nature shots, I always use a tripod and I always use the mirror lockup + cable release. You'll love the bellows focusing. I'd get another back for it it I were you, I only got one back and it's annoying when I want to shoot black and white and am halfway through a roll of slides.

If you came from 35mm like I did, medium + large format photography is great, you slow down and take your time, meter the exposure right, get focus, dof and composition right, more good shots per roll, you should always use a tripod and you can double/triple-check everything on the ground glass before you take the shot.

Enjoy your new toy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm anxious for it to arrive. I have a "few" 35mm cameras and a Toyo 4x5 view camera with 3 lenses, and I'm sure the Mamiya will have a useful place. I am really looking forward to this. I suspect I'll use it to the exclusion of the others at first, then things will gradually sort themselves out.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While I have not used a RB67, the suggestion of multiple backs is good. The ability to change film types or to start a new roll of film by changing backs is one of the big differences with MF and 35mm.

I have four backs for my MF: 100 ISO color, 400 ISO color, 100 ISO black & white and 400 ISO black & white. The lower speed films are mostly used with the SWC.

I have to carry two Nikon SLRs when I shoot 35mm, one for color and one for black & white.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin