Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,640   Online: 1166

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I plan on getting the 6x8 back Keith mentioned next time I have a work windfall. I had thought of getting the 6x8 Fuji at one point, but decided the RB suited me better. I didn't know until Keith mentioned it that it would do 6x8. Lucky me.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    By the way, you can also shoot readyloads or quickload sheets on the rb with the 545i polaroid back (now cheap). You get ~72mm squares; with a little modification I get 3x3 inch squares.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just curious: are these special back options (6x8, 72x72) also available for the rz67 series or is this rb67 only? I'm still undecided between these two ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No, there is no 6x8 back for the rz. I think it may be possible to build an adapter but I haven't done that. Note that the rb lenses work on the rz in manual mode, so that's a great way to save some money if you do go with an rz. With the exception of the 50 uld and the 100/2.8, the two lens families are very similar in performance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was asked some pertinent questions in a PM and will paste in my response here in case it is of use to someone else...

Quote Originally Posted by me
    The rz has no time controls on the lenses... the exposure is controlled by a selector on the camera body. Also, the rz lenses also will not fire at any speed other than 1/400 without a battery in the rz body. Also, the rz passes full exposure information electronically to the back.... so rz lenses plus an rz body would be the more convenient choice if you plan to shoot digitally. The rb lenses, on the rz, won't pass the electronic information, you'd have to enter it manually (no big deal actually).

Using rb lenses on the rz is easy, you just select the times on the lens, that's all. Some people like the single stroke winding/cocking action of the rz, to me it's no big deal.

As for me I have both and use the rb much more!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, it arrived today and I couldn't be more pleased. It is a fine camera. It's a big sucker with the lens, lens shade and film back on it, but not as heavy as I expected. I'm going to look for a small backpack with room for the camera, a couple of lenses, film, filters and 3-4 backs etc, that I can fill with "something" to protect everything. How do you all pack your RB's?
    The only thing I found odd is that it was shipped with a -1.5 diopter correction on the magnifier, which apparently is standard. It's easy enough to use with glasses, so I'm wondering why they do this.
    I'm anxiously awaiting daylight to go try it out.
    One other thing for you Canadians. I paid no duty or taxes. All I had to do was sign for it at the Post Office. I've never paid duty on photo supplies from the US, and assumed it either the items were small enough that it wasn't worth their bother or was something to do with the Free Trade Agreement. This camera was a pretty big ticket item and came from Hong Kong. But I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How do you all pack your RB's?
    Super, no duty or tax, I carry mine in a Lowepro camera backpack. Maybe not the best but easy. When shooting I put the camera over my shoulder while on the tripod. Gotta love that revolving back. The Grafmatics fit and the older Graphic backs in 2 1/4 sq. and 2 1/4 x 2 3/4 no. 22 and no. 23 also work. I had several of them for my Graflex international back on my Busch C before I got the RB and found they work great.

Best,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One other thing for you Canadians. I paid no duty or taxes. All I had to do was sign for it at the Post Office. I've never paid duty on photo supplies from the US, and assumed it either the items were small enough that it wasn't worth their bother or was something to do with the Free Trade Agreement. This camera was a pretty big ticket item and came from Hong Kong. But I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.
    Lucky you. They have snagged me twice for duty on shipments from the USA in the last 3 yrs. Enjoy your camera. It looks as if we will be getting a late winter and the trees will be nice with colour film .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Johnny, the RB 67 is much easier operate and hand hold with the Mamiya L grip with trigger release, it enables you hold the camera and fire the shutter with your left hand while focusing and supporting the camera with your right, I don't have an RB myself but my Mamiya C330 F uses the same grip, and it really improves the handling.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    Well, it arrived today and I couldn't be more pleased. It is a fine camera.
    So when are you going to post some examples of what you can get it to do?

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin