Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,939   Posts: 1,557,416   Online: 927

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    How do you all pack your RB's?
    The rb is a tank, you can pack it any old way you want! When I took one to Iceland I just stuck it in a box and sent it through. I have also dropped mine in various ways and from great heights... no problem. I mean, this is the camera for me, I don't have to coddle it.

Anyway, for travel there are two things you will probably want: body caps (front and rear) and there is also a gizmo that locks the mirror in place. I have been thinking of re-rigging all the knobs so they will pop off... they are the only thing that keeps the capped body from being a perfect cube, which more convenient for packing.

One more thing, especially pertinent to travel if weight is a major concern: the prisms are way heavier than they should be IMHO. So you'll want a compact hand meter, plus an understanding of the bellows factor chart on the side of your rb. On the other hand, I often lift my rb by the prism and it's never broken so... (by now you will have gotten the picture that I really don't treat my gear specially)

One thing I have succeeded in breaking on the rb system: the dual cable release. So I try to keep spares and normal releases just in case. But I have unnaturally strong fingers, apparently... I break cable releases all the time.

If you start to acquire rb lenses then you will quickly realize that this is where the weight is, when you pack for travel! A one lens kit is no big deal. But pack a 65, 127 and 210 or similar kit and two backs... :rolleyes:
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just posted a couple of pictures from my first roll. I went to a local creek with a waterfall just to try it all out. I'm going to love this camera.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker View Post
    I just posted a couple of pictures from my first roll. I went to a local creek with a waterfall just to try it all out. I'm going to love this camera.
    Where??

I cannot see them.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Steve, look in the Gallery section.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin