Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,507   Online: 717

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rolleicord Lightleak?

Lately I've noticed bands of light in my negatives. Could my camera have a light leak or could this be from the developing. They were developed by Dwayne's (all at the same time) and the camera is a Rolleicord Va.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's only one way to be sure. Shoot a test roll and dev it. Rolleicords don't usually suffer from light leaks but you'll never know.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I understand both 'cords and 'flexs can leak light if they have been abused (eg tied down on a tripod too tightly which can deform/bend the back).

More likely however, is a light leak during loading - particularly given it is 120 film. Did you load in subdued light? Did you keep the roll firmly wound while loading etc ?

Cheers

Carey Bird
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~cbird/index.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I generally try to load in subdued light when it is available. I will watch it more closely from now on.
    Some of the bands however; appear at the middle and not at the edges.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Upon looking at another thread "Light leak in my Rollei". It would seem that my issue is in the development of the negatives. The bands are vertical and are parallel with the edge of the film. Probably not enough developer in the tank or an agitation issue.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have the exact same problem sometimes with my Rolleicord and I am sure it is in the developing. I am workiing out of town and having the film developed right now.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin