Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,661   Posts: 1,481,612   Online: 895

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yes sir, it's all contingent upon that. but, it's been serviced and it's in a small town in the middle of nowhere, the perfect storm for a great camera deal, imo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Oh, I forgot to mention that it does have the 80mm planar.
    Next thing you'll be saying it has an A12 magazine attached as well ...

Get the thing!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Hey everyone,

So I've come across someone selling a Hasselblad 501c w/ a PME 51 viewfinder for $400 on that "oh so popular" online classifieds site. This seems like a pretty awesome deal, and I suspect it's legit cause it's a small town in the middle of Kansas. Also, it's been recently serviced.

I'll do my research, but I wanted to get some feedback quickly, cause I might try to pick it up in short order.

Thanks!

Ok… so at the risk of sounding totally pessimistic (or possibly paranoid)… either this person has NO idea, No clue what so ever of what they are selling… Or

Make sure you go with someone, better still people know exactly where you are going… you just may wind up $400 poorer… that site you refer to… way, way too many scams … just recently some guy was actually locked in a cargo van when he went to “buy something”. They took his money, locked him in the van, no joke! See the link.

Good luck, be careful… the old adage “if it sounds too good to be true, likely it is not that good”

Again, wish you luck, hope its for real, BE CAREFUL

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...rre&id=6974791
    Last edited by Ira Rush; 09-21-2009 at 04:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, that's f-ing crazy!

I definitely thought about this though, it's a concern, I don't want to walk into some sort of 'Silence of the Lambs-esque' nightmare, (yikes!).

I'd test all functions before ever agreeing to buy it & my theory is that this guy is just apathetic, and it's "his wife's camera".

I definitely appreciate the concern, and I've been saying 'ye old adage to myself as well, just so I don't get my hopes up!

I'll keep everyone posted....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Do that.

Meanwhile also consider the possibility of aliens (from a place/thing called Dark Matter, if you must know... had been better had you not asked...) trying to trap you, hoping to cut of the second toe of your left foot, which they need for their flower arranging class next April the 24th, half past three afternoons.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Do that.

Meanwhile also consider the possibility of aliens (from a place/thing called Dark Matter, if you must know... had been better had you not asked...) trying to trap you, hoping to cut of the second toe of your left foot, which they need for their flower arranging class next April the 24th, half past three afternoons.

Aliens... possibly... but I would think that if they are of a higher intelligence, they would surely avoid us...

But back here on earth... well that's a different story...Scum of the earth, pillars of the community...more likely... did you check that link Q.G., fact, not fiction...way, way too many crimes conducted from that site.

Take it for what its worth... as for me... a 501, with a metered prism, and now with an 80mm lens all for 400 bucks, come on, you don't think that is beyond odd!

Look I really hope this is for real, all I am saying is Be Careful

If its not for real, ... well just think of all the people with $400 cash in hand that are going to come running... boy what a way to a make a living!
    Last edited by Ira Rush; 09-21-2009 at 04:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Be Careful advice is prudent, but it reminds me of my wife.

Earlier this year I purchased an Omega D6 enlarger with Ilford Multigrade head and a plethora of other accessories from a Craigslist ad. It was advertised at $600.

My wife was worried about my safety if I went to look at it at the owner's home.

I tried to reassure her, mentioning that I thought it unlikely that there would be many out there using used 4x5 enlarging equipment to lure unsuspecting buyers with cash .

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format

So… what happened…???

So… what happened… did you get that 501, the finder and the lens, for that price?

To quote a fellow APUG member… “Please advise. Interested readers want to know!”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin