Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,931   Posts: 1,556,956   Online: 1035

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    you can develop your own slide film without a darkroom and without much in term of equipment but it's going to cost you more than a lab would charge you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    goldenimage said "It costs me around 2.00 a roll maybe less." hows that more than what lab charges me?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the above is probably talking about the initial cost of the jobo. I shoot a lot so It was worth it to me. It has paid for itself many times over. I have the basic set up. A jobo cpe2 not a whole lot to it. Yes I shoot 120. I have a darkroom but its for black and white work.
    "Why thats one of those old black and white cameras aint it?"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I process my film in steel tanks. You can process 2 120 rolls per liter or 10 rolls per $50 kit, more if you double or triple use the chemistry. The process is very long however. I find it easiest to maintain a water bath at the necessary 102 degrees F and then heat the chemistry by double boiling it over my gas stove. At optimal pace it still takes an hour or so. It's good if you want to dedicate more time and less money (like for a photo student) but less good if you just want to photograph things and get the pictures, like more advanced phtographers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    10 rolls per liter? is that using the kodak kit?, i can get much more than that out of the kodak kit, its 58.00, i find the best value is 220 film, same amount of chemistry and double the images.
    "Why thats one of those old black and white cameras aint it?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin