Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,675   Posts: 1,669,172   Online: 1118

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My third camera was a brand spanking new Mamiya m645 with one lens, the 80mm and a bunch of accessories, the bellows hood, filters of all kinds, many inserts, focusing screens, handheld handle thing etc.. I did a whole lot of photography with it both inside and out. They, 645's, are an all around camera. Since then I got the 55mm, 150mm, 105-210 zoom and a Mamiya 2X tele-extender. I've got the black Mamiya case to boot.

Answer: The 645 class of cameras are capable of studio and outdoor photography.

Last year or so I bought an RB67 ProS and have the 90mm, 180mm and the 2X tele, several backs and stuff for it including a sheet film holder. I took it to a National Park and carried it on my Berlebach tripod for short walks from the truck. Any further I'd need some more back surgery but with the 645 I could take it with me all day long as I did in Paris. I took a tripod too but there were many restrictions so I did a lot of braced contemplated photography. It doesn't take much tripod for a 645, a carbon fiber would travel right in the carry on for air. Some thoughts of mine, good luck.
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What I found is that the AFDIII had a HUGE shutter lag and slow AF so I could not use it in the field with any good vibes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Tom, have you installed the newest firmware? It's supposed to be much better than the afd2.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes I did, back in March. I believe it was 1.4
    Better but not nearly as I feel it should be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You might try the next upgrade, but... even so, I am sure it's a pain, and I doubt the lag will ever get to the level of the 35mms.

Anyway there is a new body from phaseone (?), I wonder if it's any better.

Another solution would be leaf shutter lenses....
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    Hell I take my RB 67 out on the field with no problem!

Jeff
    I second that, I use my RB 67 outdoors all the time, and I've also used a Mamiya 645 super hand-held with no problem.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used my RZ67 in the field yesterday for family photographs. It's becoming a bear as it's a bit heavy around my neck but the results are so dang neat. Sometimes the viewfinder is a bit hard to see for focus in bright light.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin