Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,516   Posts: 1,543,740   Online: 872

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ... but not plain pricks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually there is a throat spray advertised for snoring, don't know if it works but the research behind it indicated dry air aggravating the problem. I've noticed we don't snore so much with the humidifier going. Might look into it.
    Gary Beasley

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The trick, and I apologize for getting off topic, is getting the snore-spray into the throat of the snorer. Perhaps I should knock him out with my brick of cocoa butter first.

Cheers.

p.s. I'm plugging in the humidifier tonight.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Humidifiers didn't work either. I had to have one running after sinus surgery 2 years ago. Nothing stops the freight train I sleep next too. The darn thing is, even hitting him to make him shut up, doesn't work. It is almost as hard to wake him up. It took an earthquake once. Then only when something fell on him.
    Non Digital Diva

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Aggie wrote: "...The darn thing is, even hitting him to make him shut up, doesn't work...

Well, do you feel a little better after socking him? We don't have earthquakes... not that one would notice, that is... and certainly not large enough quakes to explain the dictionary hurling through the room in snore-defence.

Perhaps, duct tape. Duct tape is great for so many things.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to keep this wayyyyy of topic

I have a friend who has had snoring problems, some say I have them too, but I have never heard me...

Anyway, apparently an Oral Mandibular Advancement Device is the solution. Its sort of like a sports mouth-guard that brings the lower jaw forward and opens the throat so that air flows better. Not cheap but my friend says his life (and his partners) has improved immensely since he started using one
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know they aren't cheap. $1500 later and he still snores. He has also tried one of those mask things, but in the middle of the night once he had a panic attack from it. Last solution is surgery. Not the type where they hardent he soft palatte but the one where they do a reduction i girth of the tongue. What is it that men have against knives near small apendages?
    Non Digital Diva

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    lol

Touche, Aggie.

By the way, mine would never wear any such device... it would be too much of an inconvenience to him.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Skin Care:

When I was a kid (ie about 30 years ago!) my mum had REALLY bad dried out hands from washing nappies and other baby stuff (alkaline again... now there is an ALTERNATIVE process!) The stuff that fixed 'em right up was called "Lotil". I distinctly remember because she tried everything, and once she found this stuff she would totally swear by it - recommended it to everyone. I just had a check and its still around - a bit pricey at $20 a jar, but good stuff.

Snoring:

I'm fortunate enough to be the noisey one in our relationship. However once in a while the other half will start rattling. My current approach is to pinch her nose for a few seconds until she stops - doesn't wake her up, and usually sorts it out. However I suspect my problems are minor league...

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote: So, in moving from an 80mm lens to the ***ta da*** 150mm, would anyone like to impart some words of wisdom?

Response: Stand twice as far back.

(Sorry just my feeble attempt at humour.)
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin