Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,988   Posts: 1,524,055   Online: 976

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I did it, just ordered a 150mm CF T* lens for my baby Hassy (L) and a Prism Viewfinder (have been using the bend over and get a splitting headache finder).

So, in moving from an 80mm lens to the ***ta da*** 150mm, would anyone like to impart some words of wisdom?

I'm so excited I'd pinch myself if my fingers weren't so cracked from photo chemistry.

Oh yeah, does anyone have "finger-tip agony" advice?

Cheers!
    Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think you will love the 150, especially for children and people pictures. I also use it frequently for landscapes, especially when there is haze to bring out, and for the different angle of view ("perspective"). I still don't have a wide andgle for mine, but don't miss as I have wide available in 35 and LF.
    John Harvey
    Colorado Springs, CO
    harveyje@usa.net

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm a charter member of the 150 Sonnar lovers. I'd be lost without mine for portraiture - and a whole lot else.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka
    I'm so excited I'd pinch myself if my fingers weren't so cracked from photo chemistry.

Ka
    I'd get some good gloves and keep my hands out of the chemistry. The alkalies must be stripping the oils from your skin to make it crack. Find some good stuff like "Crack Creme" or Udder Butter" to restore the skin.

Karen:

I rarely use any lens except the 150. Aside from the fact that it is so sharp that I need to put a piece of plastic in front of it. People just don't want that much realism. Congrats, you'll love it.

As for the skin thing:
    Use tongs and leave the skin on your hands instead of your prints. When people say they like really nice skin tone on their pictures, I don't think they mean that they want YOUR skin on it. Just a thought.

Michael McBlane

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka
    Ka
    I'd get some good gloves and keep my hands out of the chemistry. The alkalies must be stripping the oils from your skin to make it crack. Find some good stuff like "Crack Creme" or Udder Butter" to restore the skin.
    Seems to me I've seen something called "Bag Balm"... same application. It was recommended for guarding against chapping - and seemed to work very well for preventing frostbite.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thumbs up for the 150mm CF, good luck with it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    also good is 100% pure cocoa butter. It comes in a solid, but melts at skin temps. It is gentle and abosrbs fast. The bag balm works well, but takes a while to absorb. It can also leave a greasy feeling. Ask your pharmacist. They can order it in bars. I know it went up from the 25 cents a bar I use to pay, might be up as much as $1.50 by now. Cocoa butter is also good at bleaching out the red of scars and other skin problems. If used after surgery, it will help to make incision lines as small and almost invisible as possible. Being a born klutz, I have the almost non existant scars to prove it.

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm giddy as a school girl. Can't wait to get it in my hands.

As for my cracked finger tips... I do wear gloves. And I actually have stuff from the chemist for it, something with a chem-type name and a tub of some awful stuff that's got something tar in it. Yuck.

I think my fingers say, "hey, were in that alkaline room again... we're just gonna crack up right now!!!"

Mind you, I'll be gettin' some of everything you said: crack creme, bag balm and cocoa butter (although my daughter will probably try to lick it off). I used cocoa butter on my belly when I was pregnant. I have NO stretch marks anywhere. If I rub it on my husband, will he stop snoring?

I already tried udder creme.... my fingers laughed it right off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    lol,, It hasn't helped with snoring yet. Be carefuul of the tar stuff. It actually will cause allergic reations in some people. The cocoa butter is a natural source of Vit. E. But it has mother natures pharmacopia in it. Bag Balm is big in quilting circles. It helps with needle pricks you get.
    Non Digital Diva

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin