Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,673   Online: 782

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    My cameras are masculine with one exception: 1935 Certo Dolly SuperSport.

In that case I defer to the manufacturer who would know the sexual origin of the camera better than I.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seawolf66 View Post
    Now this lady is easy to deal with only requires easy handle-ing and to see sun shine once in while and some film in her from time to time :

She is rather young built in 1938 !
    That is amazing! I just got the same model, a bit older even, serial 7100**. I think mine is 1937. I'll have to post a picture of her.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by seawolf66 View Post
    Now this lady is easy to deal with only requires easy handle-ing and to see sun shine once in while and some film in her from time to time :

She is rather young built in 1938 !
    My late wife was a 1938 model. It was a great year for women.

Now… if only I could find a beauty like yours.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have in my hand a 'Cord from the same year as the OP's Rolleiflex-- probably a IIb. Sort of hard to tell as the various lists of serial numbers and corresponding descriptions don't always match up too well (#751xxx). It needs a trip to the cleaners as the slower speeds are gummed up. Otherwise it is nice and clean with a cute little Zeiss Triotar 75mm/3.5 taking lens (bayonet filter mount).

I just got back two 'Cords from the Hippy Era (late '60's to early 70's -- Vb, type 2) that I had sent off to Classic Camera Repair up in Portland for CLA -- they are now in the hands of our students (I check them out for 3 to 4 days at a time). If I get the 1938 camera CLA'd, I don't know if I will put it out for student use. The Triotar was not suppose to be all that sharp in the corners, but nice for portraits. But at its age, perhaps it would be better not to be in the hands of students.

Can't say the I look upon cameras as having genders -- I tend to say "it". Perhaps I would treat them better if I looked at them as being ladies.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin