Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,746   Online: 878

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Venchka View Post
    Is the Pentax 6x7 3 lens kit perfectly acceptable? It certainly seems that way.
    No, the Pentax is worthless. You must buy the 'blad and GIVE me your Pentax.

Bwahahahahahaha ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While the Hasselblad is a more silky, smooth mechanically, I don't think you'll notice any real difference in image quality.

After several years of shhoting with a Rolleicord WLF, the Hasselblad felt right at home, and now looking through a prism seems odd to me. That said, after borrowing a Pentax 67, I saw no difference in image quality.

The only really benefit to the Hasselblad is the ability to change film backs. A blessing and a curse.

The first rule of film backs is . . . you can never have too many film backs.

The second rule of film backs is . . . you can never have too many film backs.

The THIRD rule of film backs is . . . ALL of them . . . EVERY single one of them . . . will need to be reloaded just when the perfect, fleeting light condition appears. It doesn't matter how many you have or how many times you train yourself to reload them immediately after finishing a roll.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't know ... i do have too many film backs.

I find i only need two. One to use, the other to have a loaded magazine when there is no time to reload the first one.
    Four, if i use both colour and black and white.

Could be because i indeed do reload a magazine as soon as possible.

Things were much better still when 220 film was more readily available.
    And cheaper - it looks like 220 is going up in price every day. Almost twice the price, per frame, as 120 film now. So even though my favourite colour film (Portra) is still available, i can't bring myself to buy it anymore.
    Last edited by Q.G.; 10-08-2009 at 04:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With the prices the way they are now and with little patience, you can get a hassy for a very reasonable price.
    The optics on a Hasselblad are incredible.....IMO. I am extremely satisfied with the results and the ruggedness of this system.
    I sold mine to go to 4 x 5 a few years back and regretted selling the blad to get to 4 x 5. I ended up buying another blad shortly after. I bought a 1997 - 501CM with a 1994 - 60mm Distagon 1982 - A12 back, 70mm back, PM45 viewfinder as well as the original view finder and a bunch of expired film for $800.00 U.S.
    This was just last year so deals are out there.
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    So try it! But be warned, a Hasselblad can be very dangerous... to your wallet.
    Please see my signature.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Venchka,
    I have both. I am happy.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    I think you should go for the Hassy -- that way when people ask you, "Is that a Hasselblad?", you can answer "Yes!".

Vaughn
    Buy a Kiev 88. The people who ask the question won't know the difference
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd bet few of use use equipment that isn't capable of more than we wring out of them.

I llike my 500's but never use them off a tripod, that's 35mm work.

Mike

Images
    >I think you should go for the Hassy -- that way when people ask you, "Is that a Hasselblad?", you can answer "Yes!".<

hahaha

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I always wanted a Hasselblad until i got a Mamiya 7

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin