Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,335   Online: 927

Shooter
    Multi Format

Where i can to buy a new back for little Graflex?

hi,
    i need any other back for graflex speedgraphic 1.A 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 because i want to use roll back but with my back i can't.
    or where to buy parts for graflok rebuild?

on ebay it isn't (a few months ago was there this, but i didn't win)

thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you Subscribe here you'll find they appear in the Classifieds or you can posta wanted advert.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    There's a classified ads section on largeformatphotography.info too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It sounds like your current 2x3 Speed Graphic does not have the Graflok back that will allow you to mount a roll film holder. Am I correct?

If so, you might find it cheaper and easier to buy a crown/speed/century graphic with graflok back than to replace the back on your Graflex. For example, http://cgi.ebay.com/Graflex-Century-...item4ceb7373f5 This one is missing the gg part. I don't know about shipping to CZ.

Also, if you're searching on eBay, vary your spelling. Search on graflock, graflok, graphlock, graphlok. Also, if looking for camera, search on combinations of speed, miniature, century, crown and graphic, graflex, etc. No telling how the seller described it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mgb74 View Post
    Also, if you're searching on eBay, vary your spelling. Search on graflock, graflok, graphlock, graphlok. Also, if looking for camera, search on combinations of speed, miniature, century, crown and graphic, graflex, etc. No telling how the seller described it.
    Another thing to watch out for is that many sellers will call any Graphic that has a 23 roll film back on it a 2x3 in the description, even if it is a 4x5 body.

I've seen separate graflok backs listed on eBay, but I think I've only seen 4x5 versions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is getting really hard to find Graflok backs for 2x3 Graphics. There are a lot of people who want to have one but cannot find one. The best advice is "DO NOT buy a 2x3 Graphic without a Graflok back if you want to use the camera with roll film."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I imagine you have the spring back found on older Graphics. It's possible with these to install a Graphic spring kit (or facsimile, as explained on the graflex.org website) which will let you mount the standard Graphic rollfilm holders made for Graflok backs. The disadvantage is that (unlike on a Graflok back) the groundglass no longer easily usable. The spring kit (with rollfilm holder mounted) is held on by the same two screws that hold the groundglass back and in the instructions Graflex advises that it's not a good idea to keep undoing these to switch the backs.
    If you're interested in a spring kit, drop me a PM.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I saw a 2x3 Graflok on ebay earlier today. I'm sure it'll end up going for something ridiculous. Last one I saw there went for over $100 - I figured that was just bad bidding.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin