Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,026   Online: 696

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmsmaggie View Post
    IQ and resolution is one criteria I'm considering when thinking MF/LF.

Initially, landscapes -- maybe architecture. The Chamonix (sans lens) is a very lightweight camera . As someone pointed out, even lighter than a MF camera. But I'm hesitant to get into used glass. Buying a used body (35mm, MF or LF) is one thing, glass that's a totally different subject.
    Buying used glass should not be any different. Just stick to reliable sources that allow returns if you are not happy - KEH, B&H, ...

Besides, nothing beats a good piece of glass!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Used classic LF lenses is in itself a reason to go LF.

But if you really need new lenses MF lenses are often more expensive from what I've seen then new LF

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would go for the Mamiya because of first the revolving back, second they have become an industry standard, third are still easy to get repaired.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't worry too much about used glass - there are some LF lenses out there that have been in circulation since the 50's and still work perfectly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    Bronica didn't push the GS-1 too hard, it seems. It's a nice sized camera and handles very well with the Speed Grip.
    Interesting... I didn't really appreciate my GS-1 until I stripped the Speed Grip and prism off it and started shooting with the WLF.

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Buying used glass should not be any different. Just stick to reliable sources that allow returns if you are not happy - KEH, B&H, ...

Besides, nothing beats a good piece of glass!

Steve
    I'm not so sure. Last night I sat down with a copy of KEH's current catalog. Used LF lenses are not cheap. That said ... I'm still hesitant.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    ............Besides, nothing beats a good piece of glass!

Steve
    Hear you Steve! That said I think I've reached the sad age where I can't choose between peace of mind - or a piece of *ss

Bob H
    "Why is there always a better way?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BobNewYork View Post
    Hear you Steve! That said I think I've reached the sad age where I can't choose between peace of mind - or a piece of *ss

Bob H
    Always a compromise when it comes to area

Shooter
    35mm
    If you don't mind the weight, consider RZ. The bodies are dirt cheap, accessories, lenses, everything. You can get a very good set with a few hundred euros/dollars. 6x7 film has a lot bigger area than 6x6 and personally I don't like the square format that much :-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    the mamiya RZ/RB's are absolute tanks. bigger and heavier than the bronnies. Both will give you excellent results. I'd side with the RZ/RB because I like the format of 6x7 alot better than 6x6 (what do you get with 6x6 if you want a rectangular frame? 6x4.5

As far as value for money goes the RB67's are pretty hard to beat if you don't mind putting your back out trying to handhold the damn thing and having to use an external meter. I picked one up not long ago and I'm extremely impressed at the quality of the lenses (even a single coated BGN lens from B&H), nice sharp and contrasty. You can pick up a kit for ridiculous prices on ebay or KEH (~$300 US or so) and there are heaps of them out there so easy to get repaired and find parts & accessories for.

I also recommend getting a prism finder if you're short like me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin