Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,768   Posts: 1,484,203   Online: 859

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Contessa-Nettel Cocarette - Open ?

Hey,
    I just recieved a Cocarette, but have a problem.
    There is a button I think I'm supposed to push half a centimetre, but it's really stuck.
    Does annyone know how I can fix this ?
    Other than this, the camera is almost mint, it is missing it's foot, but that is very common on this camera supposedly. And the lens looks fantastic. But if I cant insert film, there not much point in this, except using it as an ornament =)

Appreciate all help and comments =)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey, try using Google. I searched on "open Contessa-Nettel Cocarette", and got several descriptions of loading film in one, in the first five hits.

This one has decent pictures.

http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/pp/z...rette/coca.htm
    Last edited by Dave Pritchard; 10-15-2009 at 09:03 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added link

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have seen absolutely all sites about the camera.

You can see the button I mean on the last picture on that site. The button in the middle of the piece you pull out. And its stuck, I'm pretty sure that is the button I have to push to open the camera, but no luck in doing so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Probably a little corrosion preventing it from sliding. Have you tried lightly prying it. Even a TINY drop of penetrating oil might help. I just checked on my Cocarette and it slides back and forth to lock or release the film holder. Can you see what letter is exposed? Z or A?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by taulen View Post
    I have seen absolutely all sites about the camera.

You can see the button I mean on the last picture on that site. The button in the middle of the piece you pull out. And its stuck, I'm pretty sure that is the button I have to push to open the camera, but no luck in doing so.
    Sorry, I mis-read you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No problem Dave =)

I finally got it open today. Had to unscrew the six screws on the top, than I was able to release the hatch. And after I had got it open, I saw the problem. One of the hatches that it was supposed to keep the film-holder down, was a little bent, and therefore stopping me from open it up. I bent it back like it should be, oiled it a bit, and then it glided like never before =) Really happy I got it to work, no I have loaded a film, and will be taking som pictures

Thanks people

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What lens do you have on your Cocarette? Mine is the lowest model with a single element Frontar by Goerz. I found the actual focus and the focus marks to be way off.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the 10.5 cm. f/6.3 Contastigmat, I think its one of the low end, but I'm not sure, havent seen to many on the net with this one, and not much information.
    As far as I can see, the focus on my cocarette isnt to far off, but I have only 2,3,5 and infinity. So not much to play with. And the aperture stops at 31 ?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin