Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,313   Online: 895

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all the help. I got the filter today and all works well. However, it took me a while to figure out that the lens shade/adapter is a two-piece design. I spend an hour trying to fit the filter between the shade and the lens. Silly me!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had my 40mm for 10 years and then got the 50mm because sometimes the 40mm is too wide. I always felt SLR viewing on the 40mm was a big advantage over the 38mm.
    Enjoy your lens (and post pictures ).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    However, it took me a while to figure out that the lens shade/adapter is a two-piece design. I spend an hour trying to fit the filter between the shade and the lens. Silly me!
    See post #2, the first reply, in this thread.
    Also #3, #7 and #8.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    See post #2, the first reply, in this thread.
    Also #3, #7 and #8.
    I managed to misinterpret all of them, because none of them said: Disassemble the hood, fit the filter between the upper and the lower part of it, and screw everything back onto the lens.

Nevertheless, without your help, I would not have made it at all. So, thanks for that.

I must say, I am bit disappointed bei Wildi's Hasselblad Manual, and also the Hasselblad System Compendium. None of them had a description of it, and the lens came without instruction manual. I tried to find one on the web without avail. Does anyone have a copy?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You're right about the books: there is very little in any of the editions pointing towards how filters are held in between the two halves of the shade of the 40 mm lens.

Once you have figured out how to use the shade as filter holder, there is very little left for a manual to reveal.
    There is a "CFi and CFE lenses" manual here, which at least has a drawing showing the hood opened to place a filter in between the halves.

It also explains how to use the FLE settings.
    It is more or less self-explanatory though. The only thing to remember is that the final step in setting both FLE and focussing ring is to refocus using the 'normal' focussing ring.

The controls of CFi and CFE lenses are not entirely the same as CF lenses (though very similar), so if you want to read about the CF lenses in particular, look in the 553 ELX or 503 CX manual.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Q.G. That helps!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin