Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,409   Online: 886

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It doesn't matter either when you are shooting for a full two page spread.
    Why, even 35 mm miniature format doesn't have to try hard to fullfill the 'demands' posed by the printing press.

6x7 or 6x4.5 (cropped 6x6) really aren't that far apart as is often assumed.
    The choice between those formats rests (or should do) on other issues, like ergonomics, entirely.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As far as I'm concerned, it's down to plenty of other things present in both systems.
    They are both excellent optically speaking, the RB having the operator friendly edge. Yet it's a brick gentlemen, I haven't killed nobody, therefore, don't need to pay such a heavy price as carring that thing around for a day.

The Hasselblad delivers a different modus operandi for sure, isn't even an easy camera to work with, actually, you could almost classify it as tricky, but for me, it's my camera, the one I feel good operating, I like the little ocasionally annoying things, I've learn them, they are funny at the end.

With me other things come into the game, I need to connect with the device, if I don't feel confortable with it, it's not my camera and I let it go, tried an RB, has great qualities and if I had a studio, I would get one for sure, yet for outdoors as I almost always shoot, the Hasselblad it's just right, the optics are terrific, the design is timeless, the weight is perfect, as also the format.

Put your hands on both and take them for a day trip in town at your shoulder, then we come back to this subject again

Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You're a wise man. I bought my Mamiya RZ when I was a strappin' young lad not knowing what age does to the body. 20 years later, it seems heavier. Go figure.... I have a bad back from years of assisting and being a photographer. It's an occupational hazard. We suffer for our art. But a Hassy is sure easier on the back when you're out shooting.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I bought an RZ67 early this year and used it a lot, and never got bad results that were attributed to the technical aspects of the camera or lenses. For some inexplicable reason, a month ago, I sold it, with some grumbling about "weight" and "portability." I heard so many wonderful things about Hasselblad that I thought it deserved a try. I purchased one, and just never felt any connection to it. I feel confident and very zen using the RZ, and felt so the moment I laid my hands on it. Despite being a larger camera, for studio work, it's quicker to use. I enjoyed the large, ideal format negatives, the smoother, more natural out of focus elements, the color rendition, the sharpness; everything just felt right. It's as Ansel Adams said, there may be no REAL difference, but our minds tell us there IS a difference. However, the bottom line is that both systems are technically worthy, and produce more than acceptable results for anyone's purpose, and it's up to you to see what feels right.

Needless to say, I've gotten rid of the Hasselblad and gotten another RZ.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by André E.C. View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, it's down to plenty of other things present in both systems.
    They are both excellent optically speaking, the RB having the operator friendly edge. Yet it's a brick gentlemen, I haven't killed nobody, therefore, don't need to pay such a heavy price as carring that thing around for a day.

The Hasselblad delivers a different modus operandi for sure, isn't even an easy camera to work with, actually, you could almost classify it as tricky, but for me, it's my camera, the one I feel good operating, I like the little ocasionally annoying things, I've learn them, they are funny at the end.

With me other things come into the game, I need to connect with the device, if I don't feel confortable with it, it's not my camera and I let it go, tried an RB, has great qualities and if I had a studio, I would get one for sure, yet for outdoors as I almost always shoot, the Hasselblad it's just right, the optics are terrific, the design is timeless, the weight is perfect, as also the format.

Put your hands on both and take them for a day trip in town at your shoulder, then we come back to this subject again

Cheers
    I do agree with you, André, one has to consider subjective arguments too when choosing the 'right' gear.
    On the other had one has to compare too, that's the only way to be able to choose a pice of equipment. Only then one can know if it really fits his hands and needs.
    I went for Hasselblad some 30 years ago and the only other 'system', if it could be considered as a true 'system', that tempted me once was the Mamiya 6 range finder. But the lack of a real 'wide' wide angle finally kept me away from it. I do not care if Mamiya, Bronica, Fujica or Rollei is better or sharper, I do FEEL happier with my Victor and that's enough for me…
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by leicam5 View Post
    I do not care if Mamiya, Bronica, Fujica or Rollei is better or sharper, I do FEEL happier with my Victor and that's enough for me…
    I call mine Victor, too. However my SWC is named "Wide Willy".
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin