Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,669   Posts: 1,481,757   Online: 936

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have an HC-4, HC-2, and a Kiev 45 degree with spot meter. My favorite by far is the HC-4. Yes, you need the Acute Mate screen and you can't wear glasses very well using it. I wear contacts.

With the HC-4, I was able to adjust the eyepiece to my vision, and found it much easier to hand hold the camera. And with it, I found that it is faster to frame images with it. On the tripod I use a chimney finder.

This has been my experience.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Brian, another option is the PME51. Also a 45 degree prism and has a build in meter which can be pretty handy if traveling light.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    On a high tripod with the PM 45 I just rotate the camera 90 degrees to use the finder. It's square--one orientation is the same as the other

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So many options! I'm leaning more towards the NC-2. I really like how small and simple it is. The only thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't have a flash shoe.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You will not regret getting an NC-2.

And should you find you eventually do anyway, you can always sell it again. Without losing money. There's no depreciation.

The flash shoe on the later prisms may appear a nice thing to have, but anything you put on it gets in the way a bit. Which perhaps is why Hasselblad chose the Sunpak 120 (modified and rebranded, of course ) as their own dedicated shoe mount flash unit: it tilts forward, out of the way.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just my two cents - I own a 90 and two 45 prisms, the PM-5 and PM-45 by far I use the PM-45 the most, I like the magnification and the way the screen looks through it. I like the relief. I find it suitable for most of the subjects I shoot, I like how easy it is to change backs and... being a wearer of glasses - sometimes I shoot with glasses sometimes without, studio shooting with/outdoor shooting without and I hate the on off on off on off glasses thing I will not do it. - Having the diopter adjustment is really nice.

RB

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Brian I just saw a PM-45 on Rangefinder forum for sale if you are still looking...It look to be in great condition.
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's probably my PM45 for sale on RFF. Still available. I thought I'd try using a prism to help my focus hit rate and to make it easier to compose, since the image is flipped "the right way." I found it did both of those, but working with the WLF suits me better, so it's for sale.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just to catch everyone up following this thread I exchanged my PM90 for an NC-2 from KEH. I decided I'd like the smallest simplest prism. I hope I don't miss the flash shoe though. We'll see. I'll let you all know what I think when it arrives!

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    Just to catch everyone up following this thread I exchanged my PM90 for an NC-2 from KEH. I decided I'd like the smallest simplest prism. I hope I don't miss the flash shoe though. We'll see. I'll let you all know what I think when it arrives!
    What do you mean, you exchanged it. You didn't trade it 1 for 1 did you?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin