Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,466   Posts: 1,570,713   Online: 1003

Shooter
    35mm

Hasselblad lens problem

Hi there,
    I messed something up with my Hasselblad 180mm cf lens. For some reason, the shutter no longer opens wide for focusing. Instead it remains at whatever f-stop it is currently set at. So as it is now, I have to set the f-stop to 2.8 to focus and then reset it to before taking the picture. How do I correct this?
    -David J.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Did you move the stopdown lever and forgot to release it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, sounds like you have accidentally cocked the depth of field preview slider on the left hand side of the lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok, I think I see the lever you're talking about. I've fiddled with it with no effect. How do I uncock this lever?

Shooter
    35mm
    push on it as I recall. Pushing toward the lens centerline releases it. Sliding the switch down and parallel to the outer ring of the lens clsoes the aperture. It stays closed until you press the lower end toward the glass. The sliding lock is on the left when looking down.
    Wayne
    Deep in the darkest heart of the East Texas Rain forest. Apprentice Analog Activist.
    ... And to paraphrase Yoda, there is no how, only do.
    Vaughn
    My Photos Online

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ^
    |
    For the times when words are not enough.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ha! I got it to work. You were right, this was the problem. Thanks for all your help!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    I have a little trouble with that with my 50mm CF. It does not work as smooth as on the other lenses, and sometimes it is stuck unless I wiggle it loose. There seems to be some internal resistance, such as, something in the way or a burr on the mechanism. Did you ever experience that on any of your lenses?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    I have a little trouble with that with my 50mm CF. It does not work as smooth as on the other lenses, and sometimes it is stuck unless I wiggle it loose. There seems to be some internal resistance, such as, something in the way or a burr on the mechanism. Did you ever experience that on any of your lenses?
    As with all V-series Hasselblad, these are mechanical cameras. Maybe it's only a piece of dirt, but lenses also needs the attention of a service-man. A CLA will make the shutter perfect, as well as the focusing smooth and all the other functions working smoothtly as well.
    (I have to get my old SWC to the workshop. I thought the self-timer would work, but it took a couple of minutes to click. Not what I intended. )

//Bj÷rn

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin