Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,055   Online: 947

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

prism finder fro RB67???

Who uses a prism finder with their RB67? Is it bright and clear as the WL finder?
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not me. The joy of the rotating back is that I don't need a prism and can use the waist level finder for horizontal and vertical shots.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I do, but only because that's what my camera came with. It's great for shooting on a tripod when I want/need the camera at eye level, or in bright sun where the ground glass could get easily washed out.

Other than that I would MUCH rather compose on the ground glass, and will soon be ordering a waist level finder.

It is very bright and roomy, especially compared to 35mm, or *gasp* a cropped sensor d*****l.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yes, it is nice and bright, be prepared for a big difference in weight though. it's stupid heavy and in my opinion takes the camera from manageable to unmanageable.

I get disoriented when handholding and trying to line up a horizon with the WL finder (maybe i'm just a bit of a retard but I can't get used to the image being reversed), so I do have a use for it, but I wouldn't take it hiking.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I used to have a metered prism, the newer one with a spotmeter built in. That's really the only reason I bought it, and honestly, the spot it metered from was rather large, about the size of the circle on the standard matte focusing screen. I sold a few weeks ago and I've got a minolta spotmeter arriving in the mail tomorrow or the day after.
    The prism is just as bright as the waistlevel, but its heavier, at a little over a pound, iirc. The prism itself has no magnifier, though, so you'll need to buy a separate one if you want to use one, whereas the waistlevel has one built in.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes thisismyname09, forgot to mention that. It's quite heavy and makes the camera akward, and difficult if not nearly impossible to handhold.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is the image the ground glass reversed like the ones on most TLRs?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Is the image the ground glass reversed like the ones on most TLRs?
    Yes with the waist-level-finder it is due to having only the one mirror.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like the prism finder for close ups on a tripod. I've also found some instance where, because of having to place the camera close to walls, shelves, etc., that the waist level finder is unusable. For street photography, models, etc. I much prefer the waist level finder.
    juan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The reason I asked the question is for when I have mine on the tripod and it is high enough that I need a stool to see the WL. I love my WL finder.
    I was looking at the spec for the prism and it weighs 2+lbs!!!! Wow! But if it is on a tripod in my little studio I don't really care but I would not try to use it with out a tripod.
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin