Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,324   Online: 989

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

What 2nd lens for your RB67???

After going through my RB67 vs. Hasselblad test. I decided that the I could not tell the difference in image quality. Both cameras produce remarkable shots but the viewfinder on my RB is so much brighter and easy for me to use, I sold the Hasselblad. I did like the prism finder in the Hasselblad kit and of course the weight was wonderful. But the RB has 6x7 format which suits my style better, the rotating back, easier to do double exposures and something really simple, a place for the dark slide to go.... That may seem trivial but I liked it.

I have had the RB for a while now and want to expand mt lens collection. I currently have a 127mm Sekor C and a 90mm Sekor C. When I first got the camera I got the 127 because is was available. Later I got the 90 and I think I like the framing with the 90mm better???

So after all that what would be recommendations for a second lens 65 or a 50mm? I will tell you that I find I like my 28mm f/2.8 in 35mm format a lot.
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you like your 28mm, I think you will like a 50mm lens for the RB. They have similar horizontal angles of view. (A 50mm on an RB has a few more degrees of view). 50 feels noticeably wider to me, however, due to the fact that its vertical AOV is greater than that of a 28mm. The 50 actually feels more similar to a 24mm to me. My favorite wide for the system is a 65mm. It is basically the same as a 35mm lens on 35mm film, but seems a little wider due to the fatter frame.

Do you like long lenses at all? If so, I love the RZ 210mm. For RB, I believe you can get a 250mm very cheaply.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use my 50mm the most--I am on my second one--the first, shutter died, cheaper to get a new/used lens. I also got a 250mm it is a cool lens but a little long at times, I would prefer a 180mm but never got around to getting one. But in the end it is what you shoot that should dictate what you buy. What works for the rest of the peanut gallery may not work for you. If you like the 28mm on the 135 then find an equivalent on the 67, which would be the 50mm IIRC 50=23 65=35.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I prefer the rb 65 to the 50. My vote would be for the 65. Unfortunately, there is no rb equivalent of the rz 50 uld.

If you want to do portraiture you might consider the 150SF or the zoom.

Also consider a 6x8 back.

Eventually you'll want all the lenses!
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'd go with the 50 as well. I use it a lot more than I ever thought I would.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would say either the 50 or the 180. I couldn't decide so I got both!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Steve I like your thinking!!!
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    50 mm without a doubt.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I would say either the 50 or the 180. I couldn't decide so I got both!

Steve.
    Agreed. I bought the 180 first for portraits. But then in a local camera shop I found a 50mm and decided that the wide angle would be nice.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Get the best priced one and worry about whats next when it arrives.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin