Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,517   Posts: 1,598,198   Online: 766

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotoguy20d View Post
    Did $95 get the feedside conversion and a CLA? I have a nice II (as well as a pair of non-functional Is with only one lens between them) that I really enjoy using. Not having to respool would be nice.

Dan
    No, that's just the conversion. The total bill included
    $150 for shutter work and another $60 for fixing and
    cleaning the viewfinder and rangefinder. But now the
    camera is very easy to focus and frame -- I am happy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yay.. looks like the Medalist is going to Gmikol. Glad it found a new home. Though the guy who had it says he thinks there is another one in his storage room. If so, that one is mine!

Shooter
    35mm
    I never followed up on this thread...

Got the Medalist from photomem a couple of weeks ago. Looking forward to bringing it back to life.

--Greg

Shooter
    35mm
    Can anyone help me with the value of my Kodak Medalist . It was given to me when my grandpa passed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jtacket2 View Post
    Can anyone help me with the value of my Kodak Medalist . It was given to me when my grandpa passed.
    jtacket2,

I might be able to help with this, as I recently spent a while watching Ebay prices (and elsewhere) in my search for an affordable Medalist II. But first, is yours the original Medalist with the black lens helical, or the Medalist II? The later version tends to go for a higher price due to its improvements (although there are some who prefer the features of the earlier version).

My experience is that the asking prices vary widely. However, when I look at the actual sale prices of Medalist II's, most of them went for somewhere in the range of just under $100 (US) to about $250, with an average of maybe $140 or so. This is just a guesstimate, really. There have been a surprising number of ads with much higher "buy-it-now" prices, often around $400, and as high as $550 (that I have seen at least). Occasionally these will sell, but more often not they do not. What is strange though is that often the cameras in these ads do not appear to be in any better condition, nor have any more guarantee of functioning well than those in the regular ads.

What does seem to help with getting a higher price however, is having a lot of clear pictures of the camera, and especially a detailed description of what works and doesn't work with the camera. Cleaning up the camera a little before selling can help a lot. Make sure you scrounge for any original packaging, instructions, or accessories before you try to sell it too. Those extra items seem to help the sale a lot.

And as for the Medalist I? Rough guess would be 75% of what the Medalist II goes for, on average.

Hope that helps!

Jeff

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin