Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,097   Online: 1101

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been told the rings of Saturn are made up of lost airline luggage, but there are multiple rings and they're not easy to check ...

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    So I won an auction on the evil website a while back, and what I though was an auction for 10 4x5 film holders was actually an auction for 10 4x5 darkslides for film holders. (This was MANY years back when not all auctions had pictures.) I was really sort of embarrassed, and after re-reading the auction description when I received my box of darkslides and seeing that I really did just buy the things without the film holders, I knew then and there that somewhere in the world were 5 naked film holders, and that I must dedicate my remaining days to finding and reuniting the wayward darkslides and film holders.... but after a while I just chucked them in my junk box and forgot about the whole thing.
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's the thing indeed: ever since eCommerce took off, people started splitting things in separate components, to sell those separately.

We can do something about it, by refusing to even consider buying magazines and holders that are sold without at least one darkslide (or cameras sold without viewfinder and focussing screen, etc.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If someone only owns one back, the darkslide can get set aside and lost.

OR

The darkslide wanders on to the deleted thread!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    During the night (when it's dark, eh?) they undergo gradual sub-atomic transmutation that eventually results in becoming Dark Matter; this explains why the universe full of it.
    Ted

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    They ran off with the missing socks from your laundry.
    I counted 26 socks in my collection and I can't make one pair with any of them.

Steve.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flash26c View Post
    I seem to remember a story about the darkslide graveyard --------
    Yeah, it is right next door to the cable release mausoleum.

Sandy King

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

I counted 26 socks in my collection and I can't make one pair with any of them.

Steve.

Good morning, Steve;

The young lady who has become the woman in my life in recent years (Well, yes, I have been recycled. Ecology is not really new.) does have one unusual characteristic: She has a remarkable talent for misplacing a sock when doing laundry. At this point, I have about forty (40) single lonesome socks in the bottom drawer. I have no idea where the other one has gone. In all of my prior years, I never totaled that many single socks. I have no intention of replacing her, but I have noticed this one unusual feature.

Then there is the point that she does seem to tolerate my known addiction to photographic equipment.

And, in anticipation of the possible loss or misplacement of a dark slide, I did purchase a couple of spares for the 4 by 5 film holders. Still need to get a couple for the 6 by 6 film backs.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would think that they don't get lost very often since there's a holder for it. 99% of the time mine is in either one or two places.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Han Solo:
    Chewy, prepare the navcomputer to make the jump to lightspeed. We need to make the jump into hyperspace. The Empire has darkslides hold up here.

Lando Calrissian: Not to worry Han, the Millennium Falcon is the fastest hunk 'o junk in the galazy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin