Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,209   Posts: 1,531,966   Online: 1157

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I took a look at the video, and as an owner of the Bessa III, I can tell you that the shutter, in real life, is actually quieter than what you hear in the video. My guess is the gain was turned up on the mic, which is good so you can actually hear it, but believe me, if you were standing where the model was in the shoot, you'd be hard pressed to hear it at all... almost like someone dropping a pin onto the ground, that's about how quiet it is.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by guyjr View Post
    I took a look at the video, and as an owner of the Bessa III, I can tell you that the shutter, in real life, is actually quieter than what you hear in the video. My guess is the gain was turned up on the mic, which is good so you can actually hear it, but believe me, if you were standing where the model was in the shoot, you'd be hard pressed to hear it at all... almost like someone dropping a pin onto the ground, that's about how quiet it is.
    Interesting. I had the same impression from looking at the video. Standing three feet from the camera in real life I don't think the shutter would be audible.

Sandy King

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm sure it is, since by comparison the 35mm Bessa sounded like a bucket of nails falling down the stairs, but having them both there gave some basis for comparison.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Bessa III is the quitest camera I've ever used. At times I wasn't sure if I had released the shutter or not, as I couldn't hear it over normal conversation. 35mm Bessa's–not so quiet....

Richard Wasserman

http://www.richardwasserman.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well today I ran off three rolls taking people pictures, mainly where the camera was about 1½ to 3 metres from the subjects.

More than once, the subjects upon noticing I was winding on the film, said, "are you sure the shutter fired?"

Only the 10 year old twins I shot, heard the shutter click!

Great camera, great price, great wait, I fear.

Mick.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Can anyone comment on looking through the viewfinder wearing glasses? Is it easy to see the entire frame or is it a struggle? I have a Perkeo, which I like very much, but it is a challenge to oversee the entire image at once, besides the fact, that the lens obscures part of the image.
    Thanks, Stefan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Findel View Post
    Can anyone comment on looking through the viewfinder wearing glasses? Is it easy to see the entire frame or is it a struggle? I have a Perkeo, which I like very much, but it is a challenge to oversee the entire image at once, besides the fact, that the lens obscures part of the image.
    Thanks, Stefan
    The viewfinder of the Bessa III is superb -- one of the best rangefinder windows I have ever seen.

Sandy King

i finally got to handle one at samy's. i also wear glasses and the framelines are not difficult to see at all.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thank you for the answers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Indeed a remarkable camera. The shutter is indeed very quiet in fact less noise then my Leica M7.
    The view finder is very good and accurate.
    The only minus point is it's not really compact but the camera is not very heavy (1050g) and that you can not leave any filter on the camera. However you can leave a filter in the hood which you can easily connect and disconnect.
    Loading and unloading is pretty easy by the quick relase bottoms. Also the fact you can choose between 6x6 and 6x7cm is a good option. The exposure meter is very accurate though it's not a TTL metering.

The camera is reasonable heavy build but not like a Leica

The lens has some vignetting at 3,5 and 4,0 in 6x7. In 6x6 it's much better. Further it's not a cheap camera at all.
    Due to the fact the lenses are not exchangable you have to compare with a Plaubel Makina 67. But 6x7cm only, Nikkor 2,8/80mm , only available second hand and also a big price.

Just to have an impression:
    Bessa III 667, Retro 100 TONAL E.I. 80, AM74 1+9 6:00 minutes. Ravenstein my hometown.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin