Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,681   Posts: 1,482,196   Online: 1075

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Replacement eye cup for Bronica GS-1?

Does anyone know of a source of replacement eye cups for this camera? The one I rec'd with mine is flattened and is really of no use (unless someone knows of a way to remold it).

TIA.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    Does anyone know of a source of replacement eye cups for this camera? The one I rec'd with mine is flattened and is really of no use (unless someone knows of a way to remold it).

TIA.
    Yes, it's called a Waist Level Finder...

Seriously, I haven't touched the prism on my GS-1(non-metering) since I put the WLF on about a year ago. (took the speed grip off the year before, too. It's so much lighter and easy to handle now...)

Sorry, I guess that doesn't answer your question, does it?

Ok... if you really want to know, here is a short-term solution. One of my Nikons was missing the eye cup when I got it. I cut a rubber disc from an old inner tube about 1 1/2", and cut a hole a little smaller than the diameter of the eye-piece attachment. When stretched to fit, it forms a convenient cone shape remarkably like an eyepiece cup. Not the perfect solution, but it did the trick until I found a suitable replacement.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In NY, try kohscamera.com- he often has Bronica parts, just didn't have the part I needed when I needed it. Alternative might be Dirk at japanexposures.com. He got me a new battery compartment door recently- it wasn't cheap (!), but if you need it, you need it, and it wasn't to be had in the US.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I second what SW said, Jimmy Koh has an amazing collection of Bronica parts, and he is really easy to work with, and very professional.

KEH.com has all kinds of stuff like this.

Also try searching Ebay, FeeBay, EvilBay, or whatever nasty name people are calling it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alright - thanks for the info (no tire tubes for me, though!). I'll see if those sites have what I need.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin