Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,510   Online: 1148

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yashica D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    It looks brand spanking new! What a great score. I hope you take this lady out to a nice place, and do it soon! She just may have a closet full of cameras for ya... or maybe a few Kodak moments.
    Paul, you cracked me up with the last sentence.

And she came over to your desk, passing you a camera. You, sir, got yourself a very nice friend.

Take her out and shoot some pictures!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think is a sign of love or, at lest deep frienship.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My first "real" camera was a Yash D, bought in 1961, with a mentor/friend's pro discount at a shop in Philly. Camera, a roll of Plus-X, and a honeywell tilta-mite flash gun cost $54 and 40 cents.

Shoot, press wind button in center of film-wind knob, wind film, recock shutter. I could do it in my sleep.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I also have a Yashica D, and I'm curious about lens hoods. I'd like to go the Bay 1 -> 49mm adapter route for easier access to filters and a filter+hood combo, but I can't seem to find square/rectangular 49mm lens hoods for sale anywhere *except* for DV camera hoods. Will those work for this? I was looking for the square style because I remember reading that a round one would block the viewing lens, but is this really the case, or will I be fine with a generic 49mm round lens hood?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well if your wife might mind, take her n the husband out as a foursome. It's the right thing to do for such a nice gesture.

Oh and I am sure you'll have plenty of Kodak moments.... with the camera of course.

I have been restoring Yashicas to flip em, I even have the entire series twice over. I can't let a single one go.

I've been trying to sell an LM I cleaned up. I have 3 of em. It's in great shape too. I started asking $125, shipping included. I didn't get any hits so I lowered the price just to get a few hits as I got a more nerve to let it go at $100. But now every time I do get an offer I punk out n just say it's sold.

Love them to death, the entire closet full of em.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilford HP5+ is currently what I use in my Yashica D too. I develop it with D-76H 1:1 and the grain looks more fine than most 100 ISO 35mm films enlarged to 8x10.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Ilford HP5+ is currently what I use in my Yashica D too. I develop it with D-76H 1:1 and the grain looks more fine than most 100 ISO 35mm films enlarged to 8x10.
    I also develop with D76 1:1
    I used to use AM74, but that doesn't work so well with HP5+...very coarse

As for the deep friendship, oh, I don't know...just a very nice coworker...hence the also rather special wine I gave to her, she really deserves it.

There was also a film left in the camera. I'm going to develop it for her and make prints too if she wants to.

Tomorrow I'll have time to shoot...this season I go out to work in the dark and come back home when it's dark, so outdoors shooting only in the weekends + friday...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great gift! I got my first D in 1969 for a whopping $59.95. I had it for a few years and swapped it for a motorcycle, I wish I still had that one. I picked up my currant one last year, shoot Pan F+ and wash it down with D-76 1+1--incredible results. Enjoy your new toy!

Rick

Shooter
    35mm

Yashica D

My first MF camera was a 124G which I bought used in High School. The Yashinon lens was very sharp. The problem was that by the time the 124G came around, many parts had been changed to plastic. The winding mechanism is just not very well made. After some repairs I traded it in. I wound up with a late model meterless Minolta Autocord. I don't think the Rokkor lens on the Autocord is any better than the Yashinon but mechanically the Autocord is much better made. I still have the Autocord and after I started collecting I added three Yashica TLRs: An A, a 635 and a 44. All of these are better made than the 124G. Even the modest A turns out a very respectable 8X10 if you close the lens down a little. The same goes for the 635. Some models were sold with both Yashikors and Yashinons. I don't know whether the D was one of them. If it's working properly the D should give very nice results.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Yashica-D that always took phenomenal photographs. Unfortunately, the shutter sticks. It will operate, but not up to the labelled speed. Does anyone have any ideas on how to rectify the problem?

This is my first post here although I have been reading the discussions for a few weeks now. I am about to set up my darkroom again. I have a ten year old who wants to learn analog photography before she learns digital. I simply miss the lovely smell of the darkroom!!

Thanks,
    Aubrey

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin